Cannot open chrome

AnnieScotland

I installed the Evernote clipper a few years back and to be honest only used it a few times.  Now, when trying to open my Chrome browser, I get the message "snipping tool for Evernote has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension"

On clicking the 'balloon' the message keeps reappearing and Chrome no longer works  Do you think this is a virus?

I am not tech minded but ok with the basics.  I am using IE to write this message.  I use Windows 10 and can also use Edge (not my favourite). I would like Chrome to work again but don't know how to get it back. 

Sorry if this has been posted before (I couldn't find anything on this)

Thank you in advance

Annie x

• Level 5*

Hi.  Browsers these days tend to upgrade themselves without telling you about it so you probably have the latest Chrome version,  but the add-ins like Clipper may not have kept up.  I don't think you have any problems other than a creaky system that isn't used to activity - if you ignore the warning about Clipper can you load Chrome successfully and then uninstall and reinstall Clipper?

If not,  you may have to uninstall Chrome and reinstall both it and any other extensions you use.

Archived