BSR

Unable to log into Evernote Mac or create account using Google Sign-in

Hi everyone,

Our development team is currently tracking an issue where users are unable to log into an existing account or create a new account in the Evernote Mac desktop app using Google Sign-in. I don't have a timeframe of when this will be resolved, but if you are experiencing this issue the following workarounds are recommended:

1. Log into Evernote Mac using your email/username and password
  2. Use Google Sign-in on Evernote Web

If you previously created your account using Google Sign-in and have not actually set up an Evernote password, I recommend you follow the password reset instructions in the following Help Center article to create your Evernote password:

Reset your Evernote password

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

I had this issue and was able to resolve it.  I created an EverNote account through Google and then was not able to sign in to the desktop app.  On the web app log in screen, I used the "forgot password" option to reset my password.  I then quit EverNote, selecting "do not keep running in background" and then reopened it.  I was subsequently able to sign in to the desktop app with my Gmail email and the password created in the prior step.