Jump to content
pspears

Need to download older version

Recommended Posts

I was running an old version of Evernote, 5 point something, that I downloaded several years ago. I got several messages that I ought to update it, but when I tried the automated update process it could not complete the process. So I read how to delete Evernote by dragging to the trash, emptying the trash, then downloading the current version. That worked fine, but when I tried to install it I got an error message that my OS, version 10.9.5, isn't compatible with the current version of Evernote. Having followed instructions, the version that had been working was already gone, emptied from the trash.

Is there a way to download an older version, and which version do I need to work with Mac OS 10.9.5?

Thanks for any help, I'm dead in the water here. Although I guess I can continue to use the web based version.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, wouldn't you know it. Kept browsing and found a location for older versions. Had to download several in order to find the newest one that supports my OS, but in the end it worked and all my notes are there. It would be nice if there were information somewhere about which version of Evernote is compatible with which OS, would have saved some downloading time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi.  Gold star for personal tech skills - would you mind sharing which version you eventually settled on?  It might help the next 10.9.5 user...  :)

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you gazumped, just kept poking and prodding the site until I found something, LOL. Version Version 6.1 (452115 Direct) is the one that worked for me with 10.9.5.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 25/03/2017 at 4:57 PM, pspears said:

Well, wouldn't you know it. Kept browsing and found a location for older versions. Had to download several in order to find the newest one that supports my OS, but in the end it worked and all my notes are there. It would be nice if there were information somewhere about which version of Evernote is compatible with which OS, would have saved some downloading time.

Where did you find the location for older versions?

Share this post


Link to post

I have tried to download using the filehippo site and no matter which version I select, it downloads 7.0.3

Share this post


Link to post

It's a stupid thing happened: when you update Evernote, you need the previous version installation file!

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, rockrong said:

It's a stupid thing happened: when you update Evernote, you need the previous version installation file!

I don't know about it being "a stupid thing", but for sure you need to download the software to install.
Each release has a release notice with a download link; for example v7.0 as linked below

 

Share this post


Link to post

// Posting here since fits the subject.

Could anyone please point where to find Evernote v3 of MAC? (latest was v3.5.6 i think)

Am trying to downgrade to get back the speed Evernote used to have in v3 and v4 (after migrating to v5 / v6 its just horrible). 

I could find latest v4 ( v4.5.6 ) for MAC here:  https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/old

But cannot find Evernote v3 for MAC anywhere...

// For Windows can get all version down to v3 here: https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/12/

Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, Yarikson said:

// Posting here since fits the subject.

Could anyone please point where to find Evernote v3 of MAC? (latest was v3.5.6 i think)

Am trying to downgrade to get back the speed Evernote used to have in v3 and v4 (after migrating to v5 / v6 its just horrible). 

I could find latest v4 ( v4.5.6 ) for MAC here:  https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/old

But cannot find Evernote v3 for MAC anywhere...

// For Windows can get all version down to v3 here: https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/history/12/

Thank you in advance!

BTW, speaking as a former beta tester of Evernote 5 — there was no version 4 for Mac. For some reason, they jumped from 3.3 directly to 4.
The "v4" link in your post actually downloads version 1.11(!) of Evernote.

Evernote_b.thumb.png.102fdaf8cfd4164830273479f949da39.png

Share this post


Link to post

macfixer, thanks a lot, this is very useful!!

Do you know if Evernote Mac v3.3 can be found somewhere? (in the above link it jumps from v3.1.1 to 5.0)

If anyone will be looking for the old versions - the actual versions on the https://evernote.en.uptodown.com/mac/old page are:

evernote-4-2-2 = 2.0.4
evernote-4-3-1 = 2.1.0
evernote-4-4-0 = 2.2.1
evernote-4-4-2 = 2.2.2
evernote-4-5-0 = 3.0.1
evernote-4-5-6 = 3.1.1
 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...