• Level 5*

Hi.  And congratulations - you made it past the Mod.

As to the issue - Evernote has very.. basic.. table properties.  (I believe the technical term -in the UK at least- is 'pants'.)

It's easy though to copy and paste tables to and from software that does much better,  like Word or Excel.  Set your table properties,  row heights and colours in another app,  and copy the result back to Evernote.  You can even attach the file you copied from into the note so editing and sorting in future is easy wherever you access the note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2017-03-23 at 7:34 PM, nkoss said:

Using a PC with Windows 10 Pro, is there any way to adjust row height in a table? What about other table properties?

No, adjusting row height is not an Evernote feature

As per @gazumped, the Evernote editor has basic features for tables; it varies for each platform and some platforms have no features at all
Copying from another application is a good idea
Also, it's possible to work with the underlying html code.

>>Is there a way to sort a table based on a column?

No, sorting based on a column is not an Evernote feature

• Level 5*
On 3/23/2017 at 7:34 PM, nkoss said:

Using a PC with Windows 10 Pro, is there any way to adjust row height in a table? What about other table properties?

Is there a way to sort a table based on a column?

If you are comfortable with HTML you can use ENML to edit the table properties.  I'm not much with HTML but was able to learn enough to create some default tables with the line colors and spacing that I like.  FWIW.

• 2 years later...

When I cut and paste from Excel (Mac) to Evernote, the rows become four times higher.  A 15 row table with 12 pt fonts takes about 2 inches on a piece of paper when printed . Copied into Evernote, the font is 14, but there is so much space above and below it looks like it is made to accommodate 40 pts.  I understand it not making changes, but it changes the spacing from about 16 to 40+.