PDF Export

HeadSpaceDude

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, HeadSpaceDude said:

What is really missing from the export options is PDF.

Not sure what the use case is - export is a tool for backup.

We have no problem converting individual notes to PDF format (Mac platform)

ABSOLUTLEY! The original version of Evernote allowed you to share a note and email it directly as PDF. I emailed  hundreds of notes as PDFs so easily to lawyers, doctors, etc. who really just needed the note and not anything else.

BRING IT BACK

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, sensoryscope said:

ABSOLUTLEY! The original version of Evernote allowed you to share a note and email it directly as PDF.

This started as an export pdf discussion.  Share/Email is a different discussion

Which platform are you using?

Its a fairly simple process on the Mac/IOS platforms; it’s built into the OS

On 29/09/2017 at 7:21 AM, DTLow said:

Its a fairly simple process on the Mac/IOS platforms; it’s built into the OS

@DTLow, I tried using the "Convert to pdf" feature, which seems to convert the whole note to one page in a pdf. Since mine was a long note, the conversion made the font about 0.1 to fit it in. Is there a way to add page breaks? In the end I had to then print to pdf in landscape mode, which was an ugly result.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, BNorry said:

I tried using the "Convert to pdf" feature, which seems to convert the whole note to one page in a pdf. Since mine was a long note

I have success with "Print to PDF" formatting the note as pages

Am I the only one that is having problems Priting to PDF on the Windows Store Evernote version?

Basically, when I try to do it, theres a status bar endlessly going and when I try to save, nothing happens.

It does not happen on the Evernote version downloaded from the website, only from the Windows Store.

Tried directly with Support and they have no clue.

The introduction of templates is fantastic.  Agendas, meeting minutes and more are tremendous and a massive time saver.

However, sharing these agendas and minutes via links in a corporate environment is not workable.  We need to be able to share as a simple email attachment of a PDF.  

I know links work well in general but in locked down environments the links don't resolve. 

A simple PDF attachment option is the answer I am looking for,

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, millclan said:

The introduction of templates is fantastic.  Agendas, meeting minutes and more are tremendous and a massive time saver.

However, sharing these agendas and minutes via links in a corporate environment is not workable.  We need to be able to share as a simple email attachment of a PDF.  

I know links work well in general but in locked down environments the links don't resolve. 

A simple PDF attachment option is the answer I am looking for,

Beyond printing to PDF?

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

As an Evernote user of 9 years I wanted to share / promote the feature I would love to see the most:  Easy save to / share as PDF.

Often times I have a note I want to upload to Google Drive or send as an email attachment, I don't want to send it as an Evernote link, I want the recipient folder or person to have a universal PDF file. When I click share in Android I would like to see a share as PDF which I can then send to any application I want such as Google Drive, Gmail or any other. 

It seems that the original strategy of Evernote was to share within Evernote, similar to something like Google Docs. However Google changed this over time where you no longer need a Gmail account to login and there are easy / quick exports to many formats such as PDF, Word and others. 

I also find the PDF option to be hidden in the Windows client. If you right-click a note both within the editor or the notes listing, PDF should be an option. 

Please consider making sharing in universal formats easier!!

Thanks,
Adam

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I moved your post to the feature request forum, and will merge with existing requests

>>sharing in universal formats
The current format is enml/html with attachments in native format    
I use Evernote's export feature, with the enml/html converted to pure html, and the attachments remaining in native format

Also what's missing is remove headers. I would like to print a note, which contains a scanned document, but I do not want to include note headers in the final .pdf document. This was supported on the old client via Evernote settings (a bit clunky because it was client global setting). Would be nice to have that option before document is printed as pdf.