Web Clipper Not Capturing Images on Page

On this page: 

http://mashable.com/2016/12/11/trump-queen-photoshops-terrifying/#.n7pRtTSNmqH

No matter how I try to clip the page, either "whole page" or "article", it's not saving the photos. 

I find myself always having to verify the page in evernote web everytime I save something, because I don't trust this tool to capture the actual page. 

Is this a known problem?

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's a known fact that certain web pages,  which make their living from attracting views to see their advertising,  don't especially like anyone copying or clipping their content. Other pages don't 'show' pics directly,  they link to them from another source - which can cause problems with copying which instead of use one link to copy a page is faced with dozens of links to different pages which may or may not contain pictures - sometimes they want you to log in before you;ll see content.

Clipper is reliable 99.9% of the time.  If it doesn't get a picture or a full page content,  you still have the URL of the main page to go back and retry,  and if clipping doesn't work,  there's always printing the page to PDF from your browser,  or from the many online services that will do that;  copying and pasting the pics individually,  or screenshotting one or more page views.

Sometimes the page itself will have a mobile or a printable option which will be less cluttered and easier to capture.

Short answer - you don't have to go back and verify every page,  but clipper can't always guarantee to capture all the bits you need.  Be prepared in a few cases to go back and help it out.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

The problem is not with the web-pages; not that they are blocking the action on plan. 

Evernote clipper is failing even on Wikipedia pages. 

Try to clip this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zermelo–Fraenkel_set_theory, you will find all the mathematical formulas  are missing. 

- both Chrome and Firefox extensions have  failed me, on the mac. 

This problem of missing parts (images and formulas) for ages. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dellu said:

The problem is not with the web-pages; not that they are blocking the action on plan. 

Evernote clipper is failing even on Wikipedia pages. 

Try to clip this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zermelo–Fraenkel_set_theory, you will find all the mathematical formulas  are missing. 

- both Chrome and Firefox extensions have  failed me, on the mac. 

This problem of missing parts (images and formulas) for ages. 

It kind of works in simplified article mode.  Not pretty.

ScreenClip.png.305f358e32c45ca234f12577ad541400.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dellu said:

I won't say that "works" because it has screwed the content. it is a different stuff now.

We already dealt with this somewhere in the Forums.  Wikipedia uses a special process to display the formulae in images.  Clipping the web pages (probably) gets you copies of those images,  but unfortunately neither Evernote nor your OS has the means to view them.  If you read down the options to the page,  there's a print section with some useful options.  Choose PDF and even Wikipedia says they're not happy with the way that the page content will be displayed,  but to my untrained eye the output looks pretty good...

5a1f570357e93_ScreenClip9.thumb.png.12680699a38bb797d378ee9b33c99c2e.png - PDF gives you - 5a1f577422d56_ScreenClip11.png.38c69d98666cc392e30b2d717aa6d952.png

Full PDF output attached...

Zermelo–Fraenkel_set_theory.pdf

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
17 hours ago, Dellu said:

I won't say that "works" because it has screwed the content. it is a different stuff now.

Kind of works in that the formulas are reproduced per your first post.  Otherwise, yeah, not the same look.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Dellu said:

The content -- at least the image of the formula -- is still there; Evernote just can't display it. The actual formula content (MathML snippets) appear to be gone. The image content is stored as an attachment in the note (it's a little snippet of SVG). In the Windows client, you can right click on it and display it in Chrome, and the formula will appear, or view the text content in Notepad.

I can't speak to whether this works on the Mac.

• 2 years later...

Trying scrolling to the bottom of the page and then doing the web clipper. Many websites employ "lazy load" and the images aren't loaded until they are needed. Ive found that on clipped pages that don't load the images, if I scroll to the end of the page and then do the clip it almost always gets all the images.