"Clipboard capture failed"

Hi

I have been Alt + X for clipboard capture (in Chrome) for a long, long time, but suddenly it has stopped working, with the "Clipboard capture failed" message attached.  I tried going into options and setting a different key combination but produce the same error dialogue too. 

Thank you in advance

Nick 

Image.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Never seen that error before,  but I don't routinely use Chrome or Alt-X either.  Something weird seemed to happen with the Chrome browser about version 56 which might be the reason for the change - meantime any special reason why you're not using the Clipper extension?  

I take it that when you talk about setting different options you're talking about Chrome rather than Evernote...?  Although I can't find that choice in Chrome and it's never been an option for Evernote...???

Hi Gazumped

Thanks for your reply.  I do use the Chrome clipper for clipping full articles, and I could use this to also clip selections... but it is just so much quicker using the Alt + X keyboard shortcut to clip a paragraph or two to Evernote in just one keystroke. The settings I refer too are in Evernote - under Tools -> Options -> Shortcut keys.

I have no idea why this no longer works.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Nick Smith said:

Hi Gazumped

Thanks for your reply.  I do use the Chrome clipper for clipping full articles, and I could use this to also clip selections... but it is just so much quicker using the Alt + X keyboard shortcut to clip a paragraph or two to Evernote in just one keystroke. The settings I refer too are in Evernote - under Tools -> Options -> Shortcut keys.

I have no idea why this no longer works.

Try using Alt-0 or the like (I use it for screen capture).  Perhaps Alt-X is now being recognized as a hot key somewhere else on your system.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nick Smith said:

Hi csihiiling.  Just tried that but same issue.

Hmm, works fine for me.  Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, you are trying to take a screen shot with the EN desktop hotkey, per the below, you get the cross hairs, make a selection, and then get the error message?

Image.png.f7013c9f061a2348707c5de7ef0ca59b.png

Not a screen shot, it's the Copy Selection that I have a problem with.  Here are my shortcuts..

I make a selection (highlight a paragraph in Chrome, for example),, press the shortcut to send to Evernote, then the error message pops up.

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Nick Smith said:

Not a screen shot, it's the Copy Selection that I have a problem with.  Here are my shortcuts..

Okay, that helps.  I typically don't use that function, but I just tried, using Alt-8, and it worked fine in Chrome and Firefox.  I did it in Firefox first, not sure it makes any difference, but it was the sequence.  Highlight, Alt-8 and a note appeared in EN.  Chrome version Version 56.0.2924.87, EN 6.5.4

Good to learn since I typically do a copy/paste.  ;)

Archived