Feature Request: Switchable Capitalisation and Case sensitivity when creating tag names

fizztalk

Idea

Switchable Capitalisation and Case sensitivity when creating tag names

If you type in "abc" as a tag name the system (at least on Mac app) automatically capitalises the first letter producing a tag of "Abc". If I actually want "abc" rather than "Abc" I have to edit the tag manually. 

If I want two tags "Abc" and "ABc" I have to fight the system. When typing in the tag name the system will automatically select whatever matches. Hence if "Abc" already exists as a tag, typing in "ABc" as a tag name is automatically changed to "Abc". To force "ABc" as an outcome requires typing in "AbBc" and then going back and deleting the "b" before pressing enter. 

My feature request is that it be a user preference to switch on or off case sensitivity for tags - and to be able to choose whether the first letter of a tag is automatically a capital letter.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, fizztalk said:
41 minutes ago, fizztalk said:

If you type in "abc" as a tag name the system (at least on Mac app) automatically capitalises the first letter producing a tag of "Abc". If I actually want "abc" rather than "Abc" I have to edit the tag manually. 

It might be a database thing but my preference is that EN completely stops being clever with case sensitivity
Whatever I type should be used, and if I end up with tags ABC abc, aBc ....  its my responsibility

Its not so much a first letter capitalization problem; Evernote is trying to match your typing with existing tags to give you a dropdown list to select from

>>If I want two tags "Abc" and "ABc" I have to fight the system
Currently, you can't have tags "Abc" and "ABc".  EN considers the two values the same (case insensitive)

Archived