[Feature Request] Widget to append to note

crimsoncosmos

Idea

I find it very strange that we have widgets and quick actions to create new notes at the press of a button but no way of appending something to an existing note.

At the moment I'm using an IFFFT applet for this, but I think this should be an Evernote feature: add a new Evernote action similar to "Simple Note" that would append the text to an existing entry instead of creating a new one.

Thank you!

cc

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

But surely you have to find the original note so you know where to append the new information,  so why not just edit the existing note?  It's a reasonable request,  but I don't see how it works in practice...

Thank you for the reply and the chance to clarify this.

When you create the widget you would choose a note that it would append to. For instance, I have a note called "Memento" where I add little bits of information that I know I'll need to refer to later. Sort of a scratchpad.

I have another note called "Shopping List" where I need to append various items that I need to buy. That would be another widget on my home screen.

Does it make sense?

• Level 5*

I do have such a note,  but I simply put a link to that note on my home page so I can open it and add data if/ when I need to.  In fact Evernote's existing large widget allows you to show a specific notebook (amongst other things) so you'd have a choice of notes available for immediate editing.  

Like I say - you've made the suggestion so Evernote will consider it,  but I don't think I would need this extra functionality.

Hey,

The difference is that with my suggestion you'd need one tap to open the note and start writing and another tap to save it.

Using the large widget we would have one tap to open the notebook, another tap to open the note and a third one to start editing it. Finally, we need a fourth tap to save it. It's just slower. :)

Regards,

Dan

Archived