Author field is blank in new notes

Hi there!

When i create a note with the iOS or android App the field "Author" is blank. When i create a note on my Windows PC with the evernote App the field is filled in with my name.

I work with a shared business notebook and I want to be able to search the notes I created.

Is there a possibility to get my name as the author of a note I create on a mobile device?

Thank you in advance

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't think there are many of us around here who have a business notebook in daily use,  so any information we have on the 'author' field is opinion rather than fact.

There are a lot of previous queries around this particular field - see 

...the main result of which has been that Evernote are 'thinking about' developing something on this field,  and have been doing so for about 7 years.

Phil Seeman - @phils - (who seems to know a bit about business accounts ^_^) has a specific product SureNotifier which will tell you about business note changes and might be something close to what you're looking for.

The only other suggestion I can come up with is to tag your notes (you'll have to be,  or talk to the Admin of your business account to get it set up) with some unique tag text on which you can search in future. 

Good luck with your search,  and please let us know how you solve this eventually.

• Level 5*

Unfortunately the different Evernote client applications fill in the Author field inconsistently.  If the currently logged-in user creates a note, some clients fill in that field and some leave it blank.

However, I think you can find the list of notes you want by searching for notes that have either no Author or you as the author.  For me, that search phrase would be:

any: -author:* author:"Phil Seeman"

Archived