Feature Request - Assign Tags - See tags nested

Ninjaneer68

Idea

When your in evernote application in Windows. You have the ability to assign tags (Tag Note = CTRL+ALT+T). You get a list of Tags (see Attached)

It would be nice, when your view tags in this screen if it showed the tags nested. 

For example, All the test tags in the screen shot are actually create underneath another Tag. It would be nice if your in the assign tag screen that you can choose a view to see the tags in their nested state instead of all the tags being flat. 

assign-tags.JPG

9 replies to this idea

Instead of the nested view, which has been achieved already in the main interface, I would rather the development team first give this interface the FILTERing feature.

I have 400+ tags, each time I use this assign tags, I have to locate it in a bunch of tags, too painful and waste time.

This UI is great:

1.png.f3262d9d390a3931591f2f65ba258f7f.png

• Level 5*
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎01 at 9:34 PM, bootislands said:

Instead of the nested view, which has been achieved already in the main interface, I would rather the development team first give this interface the FILTERing feature.

I have 400+ tags, each time I use this assign tags, I have to locate it in a bunch of tags, too painful and waste time.

This UI is great:

1.png.f3262d9d390a3931591f2f65ba258f7f.png

What exactly do you mean?

Filter by only show tags with Book somewhere in the tag name, or, show tags with Book in the tag name as well as those tags child tags (even if they don't have book in their name)?

15 分鐘前, gustavgi說:

What exactly do you mean?

Filter by only show tags with Book somewhere in the tag name, or, show tags with Book in the tag name as well as those tags child tags (even if they don't have book in their name)?

`.Life.Hobby.Book` is a complete whole tag, do not misinterpret it into three tags. Maybe the way I named tags is easy to misunderstand, see this post.

What I want is that when we type `Life` in the filter box, any tags that contains `life` should be listed, any tags that does not contain `life` should be hidden.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, bootislands said:

`.Life.Hobby.Book` is a complete whole tag, do not misinterpret it into three tags. Maybe the way I named tags is easy to misunderstand, see this post.

What I want is that when we type `Life` in the filter box, any tags that contains `life` should be listed, any tags that does not contain `life` should be hidden.

As a workaround I suggest you try the Ctrl+Q search. Type Life and then drag-and-drop the tag you want to add to the note, onto the body of the note (or a note in the list).

It also has the advantage that it highlights where in the tag name the searched word is matched, in yellow.

14 分鐘前, gustavgi說:

As a workaround I suggest you try the Ctrl+Q search. Type Life and then drag-and-drop the tag you want to add to the note, onto the body of the note (or a note in the list).

It also has the advantage that it highlights where in the tag name the searched word is matched, in yellow.

Awesome! I never knew this ctrl-q feature, completely solve my problem, very very very grateful :)

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, bootislands said:

Awesome! I never knew this ctrl-q feature, completely solve my problem, very very very grateful :)

Nice! The Ctrl+Q search has been there for a while, but using it also for adding tags to a note is a brand new feature. You can also use it to quickly move tags if you have nested tags/hierarchy, by drag-and drop onto another tag in the left panel/"main interface"

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, bootislands said:

Try un-checking Match tags by prefix in the tag picker, Tools - Options - Navigation.  Typing Life should return all tags containing Life then.  If I understand what you are trying to do.

17 分鐘前, csihilling說:

Try un-checking Match tags by prefix in the tag picker, Tools - Options - Navigation.  Typing Life should return all tags containing Life then.  If I understand what you are trying to do.

I just found out so many evernote tips I did not know!

After your remind, I find ALT-F2 is way much better than CTRL-ALT-T which I now use! If we only select tags, ALT-2 is even more useful than CTRL-Q which @gustavgi just teach me, and ALT-2 also support drag-and-drop!

very very grateful to you and @gustavgi :) real Guru!

Archived