YetOneMoreUserName

STOP THIS: Evernote irritatingly printed an extra page with its advert

Idea

I printed a pdf from a web page.  It should have been one page.

TWO pages printed.  On the second there was only an advertisement from Evernote saying

"Did you know you can clip PDF's directly
to your Evernote account with the Web
Clipper?

Try it out

I feel this is unacceptable behaviour and Evernote should NEVER use any users print media to promote itself.

1.  You have stolen a page of my paper.

2. Of course I know - you have been popping up reminders top right of the browser for xxxxxx months!  That in itself has been a significant annoyance, as I could not get on with what I was doing until I clicked a button to dismiss the pop up.  I have disabled the add-in for Firefox, which makes Evernote less useful but at least gives me peace.

3. Your grammar is wrong. There should not be an apostrophe in PDFs.  It is not "of PDF"

4. You are not doing your best to save the planet. This waste is absolutely unnecessary.

To upload an image, I had to reduce the size because I am only allowed to upload a total of 501.76kb! That is without doubt the smallest upload limit I have come across since broadband.

Evernote stolen page.jpg

Evernote stupidity.jpg

11 replies to this idea

BUMP

How to we stop Evernote from printing second page.

Moderator - please post an answer to this.

Thanks in advance

Whilst annoying, I am inclined to think that this is just another form of advertising, aimed at non-paying users. 

Quite apart from this known practice surely you are able to set your printer to print just what you need. 

It certainly wasn't a known practice to me. Some advertising. It is just annoying and makes me want to ditch Evernote. 

How do I know how many pages there should be when there is no print preview?  it isn't possible to tell the printer to print all but the final page. 

Hey Evernote, you need to post a fix to this!!! I print a TON of PDFs and Evernote prints a separate page for every single one! I am now starting to get pissed that this question has not been answered. This software is costing me money and it needs to stop!

Good for you. ...but not the correct answer. I have, as many others do, a premium account....and we are all still wasting paper.

Sice we are premium customers we shoukd not be subject to Evernote's advertising. 

EVERNOTE FIX THIS PLEASE, 

On 4/8/2017 at 2:33 PM, YetOneMoreUserName said:

It certainly wasn't a known practice to me. Some advertising. It is just annoying and makes me want to ditch Evernote. 

How do I know how many pages there should be when there is no print preview?  it isn't possible to tell the printer to print all but the final page. 

There is print preview in Evernote application for Windows not sure about Mac

19 minutes ago, NoLife said:

There is print preview in Evernote application for Windows not sure about Mac

5934a282b7651_ScreenShot2017-06-04at5_14_14PM.png.69c68f966ebb2e32c6c89d540d64d825.pngYes, Mac has a preview

I use it to avoid blank trailing pages as per the image

I deleted my suggestion of upgrading to a paid account.  I was misinformed as to it being a solution

• Like 1

Yes. Certainly that is a work-around. I still would 

Iike  to focus on the issue: Evernote is using its paying customers to advertise and causing them to waste TIME and MONEY. 

One again I would ask Evernote to address an issue for its Premium customers.