Major BUG! - Note Updated Dates are all wrong

All of a sudden, a substantial number of my notes had their updated time stamp changed to now. I haven't touched some of them for years. What is going on? This is a complete disaster as I always sort by updated time. This is the latest bug in an increasingly problematic program,  I see the same problem on all my devices - Windows, web, iphone and ipad.

Can't believe this. I have used Evernote for ten years, and have never seen it in such a bad state. And it isn't an easy platform to give up on, but a problem like this is completely unacceptable. 

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, shekala said:

All of a sudden, a substantial number of my notes had their updated time stamp changed to now. I haven't touched some of them for years.

I see this happening to a note every so often
Annoying, but far from a complete disaster

This is a user discussion forum.  
If you're really concerned, you should contact Support  Contact Evernote Support Twitter @evernotehelps  

Something like this is a clear indication that Evernote is a problematic platform, especially when you say this happens every so often. It should never happen. Of course, I brought it to the attention of Support, but they haven't answered, and their chat isn't available even during working hours. I posted it here since I wanted to see if other users are having the same problem. I don't understand your complacency about it - don't you want to have confidence in your data? I have ten years of my life wrapped up in my notes, and it is clear from this problem and many other recent ones, that we as devoted users should be concerned. 

Perhaps if enough of us express ourselves in this forum, someone at Evernote will pay attention. Then again, they have been promising for years to focus on cleaning up their code, but it clearly is going in the wrong direction. 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, shekala said:

I don't understand your complacency about it - don't you want to have confidence in your data?

My confidence in my data is based on redundancy/backup in my data stores.

When I encounter glitches, I report them and fix the problem

I don't see this issue as a "clear indication" of anything.  I continue to have confidence in Evernote and use their service to store my data

Well, as you say, this is a user forum, so any advice about what I can do at this point would be much appreciated. I have a substantial number of notes now with incorrect updated date status. Since I generally review my notes based on updated date/time, how can I fix the problem?

(in terms of a clear indication of problems at Evernote, just read all the reported substantial bugs, including a recent thread that I started. It is pretty clear there are some serious problems not being addressed. After ten plus years on the market, fundamental issues like these should not be happening. I am the last person to want to lose faith in Evernote, having put hundreds of my clients onto the platform, and am totally dependent on it myself. But at a certain point, I can't let my love for the product blind me to the reality of what has happened over the last few years, especially after the management shakeup.)

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, shekala said:

I have a substantial number of notes now with incorrect updated date status.

Which platform?

My case is just single notes, so I handle it manually.  For a large number, I could use my Mac to script a reset to create-date

On 3/17/2017 at 4:39 PM, shekala said:

All of a sudden, a substantial number of my notes had their updated time stamp changed to now. I haven't touched some of them for years. What is going on? This is a complete disaster as I always sort by updated time. This is the latest bug in an increasingly problematic program,  I see the same problem on all my devices - Windows, web, iphone and ipad.

Can't believe this. I have used Evernote for ten years, and have never seen it in such a bad state. And it isn't an easy platform to give up on, but a problem like this is completely unacceptable. 

I see this with notes via mail and/or other external sources on occasion. I think it has something to do with links or some other content that tries to update somehow. Notes will jump to the top of the list when I'm viewing sorted on updated. Annoying but I've never seen it on lots of existing notes. 

Is there any chance you inadvertently applied a bulk update?  Like applying a tag?

Archived