Evernote Notes no longer showing up in Google results

• Level 5*

This is part of the Evernote web clipper product. Do you still have it installed? Are you logged in? Do you have the Web Clipper Options 'Show Evernote content related to my web searches' checked?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?  I have the same situation.  If I remove and reinstall the Chrome extension I get a "no results" message for the first Google Search (even though I am searching for a term that I know exists in my collection) and then nothing at all for subsequent searches (i.e. not even an Evernote banner saying there are no results).

I don't even get the "no results" message. The widget itself just doesn't show at all for me anymore.

Steps I've taken to try and fix:

• Reinstall Evernote Web Clipper
  • Disable/Enable the option to show related notes in searches
  • Disable all extensions except Evernote Web Clipper.
  • Ensure that I am making searches that did indeed show notes in the past

None of these things worked, unfortunately. 

I had given up when it "started working again"  One thing that I have now noticed is that it won't come up if I search for just one word.  Eg.  If I search for "test" I get nothing (no dialog and no results).  If I search for "test speed" I get the dialog box with results.  I REALLY don't know what happened and I am kind of questioning my own sanity now! :-(

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 12:58 AM, Rider0 said:

I had given up when it "started working again"  One thing that I have now noticed is that it won't come up if I search for just one word.  Eg.  If I search for "test" I get nothing (no dialog and no results).  If I search for "test speed" I get the dialog box with results.  I REALLY don't know what happened and I am kind of questioning my own sanity now! :-(

Me, too. No results if I search for one word (e.g. "gold"). But if I search for several words, the results appear. Weird. Looks like a bug. Would the developers be so kind to comment on this?

PS: I use Kubuntu 16.04 LTS and Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Personally I rarely use Google search, I enjoy my privacy over feeding big G with information.

Just gave it a try, EN content just showed fine based on 2 words in the search field. From how the notes were filtered, it used both words to pick the notes, not only one.

The Google search function in general is not build to really search your EN database. It is an add-on that shows you related notes while you perform a search on Google. If you want to seriously search for notes, go to an EN client, and use the build in search function.

Just gave it a try, EN content just showed fine based on 2 words in the search field. 

Lucky you. It doesn't work for me. That's kind of the reason why I posted here...

The Google search function in general is not build to really search your EN database. It is an add-on that shows you related notes while you perform a search on Google. If you want to seriously search for notes, go to an EN client, and use the build in search function.

Thanks for having an opinion and making sure the world knows it :)

FYI, when people come here to mention a feature does not work, they certainly might appreciate a proposal for a work-around. But some might take offense at a suggestion that "if they were serious, they wouldn't use that feature".

• Level 5

No problem - it is just sometimes not possible to know workarounds when something is working as expected for yourself.

Compared to the search in the EN client the search proposals coming with the Google search are very limited. And as I said, I very rarely use Google (already tried DuckDuckGo as search engine ? Very privacy oriented, no tracking, and you get search results, not what Google sells to others to make their stuff appear on top of everything).

The only idea might be to uninstall and reinstall the web clipper extension, or try another browser. The search feature is controlled by the web clipper, not by the main app.