Shared notebooks questions

tavor

• Level 5*
  1. if I create a notebook and share it with another person, how do notes added to that notebook count toward the monthly data limit? In other words, as notes are added via the Web Clipper or import folders or Scannable or EN's built-in Android scanner, does the data count toward the monthly data limit of only the user who is adding the data or toward monthly data limits of everyone sharing that notebook?
  2. are notes in shared notebooks editable by everyone the notebook has been shared with?
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, tavor said:
  1. if I create a notebook and share it with another person, how do notes added to that notebook count toward the monthly data limit? In other words, as notes are added via the Web Clipper or import folders or Scannable or EN's built-in Android scanner, does the data count toward the monthly data limit of only the user who is adding the data or toward monthly data limits of everyone sharing that notebook?
  2. are notes in shared notebooks editable by everyone the notebook has been shared with?
  1. Upload limits apply to the owner of the Notebook; i.e your monthly data limit.  This is both good and bad; for example you can share the notebook with a basic account and they are no longer restricted by the basic upload limits
  2. You can chose the read/edit permissions when sharing a notebook 
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Your notebook,  your upload allowance.  Anything added to the notes by editing,  or any new notes,  all count toward your limit.  You can reduce your 'exposure' by allowing read only access to some,  edit and read to others,  and (if you're feeling really confident in their skill level) edit and invite others - which could be problematic if you wound up with a lot of contributors over whom you had no control...

As to permissions,  see above - there are three levels of access.  Read only does exactly what it says on the screen.  No editing allowed.

Archived