Which has fewer bugs between Evernote beta or public?

I am using Evernote beta(6.5.3.4452(304452) Prerelease).

And I have a question: between beta and public of Evernote windows, which one has fewer bugs?

If it is almost same, then I wanna use beta, since I wanna try new features.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

No idea. The betas are likely to have bugs -- and I'd beware of the current one, as it has a major new syncing feature -- but it also fixes bugs in the prior release. I am on the beta track, and have had no major problems with the current beta, but others have; a lot depends on your Evernote usage. Read the release post to know more: 

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, mygwdisk said:

I am using Evernote beta(6.5.3.4452(304452) Prerelease).

And I have a question: between beta and public of Evernote windows, which one has fewer bugs?

If it is almost same, then I wanna use beta, since I wanna try new features

I think by definition, the public release will have less bugs.  One of the purpose of the beta is to identify and fix errors

If you are participating in beta testing, it's important that you're prepared

1. Your data is backed up to recover in case of errors
  2. You are able to reverse the software upgrade

It's a good idea to have this preparation in place with any release, but more so with the betas.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I think by definition, the public release will have less bugs.  One of the purpose of the beta is to identify and fix errors

Betas typically come out after (some of the) bugs have been identified and addressed, and quite possibly with other bugs having been introduced; it's a tossup either way that may depend somewhat on the development purpose of that particular release. Some are intended to be mainly bugfix releases, and some are intended to have new feature additions (as is the case with the current Windows beta); often it's a bit of both.

Agree that it's certainly a good idea to be prepared for problems, though I don't usually take extra precautions myself. Betas, as far as I can tell, are subjected to some in-house testing before they are made available to us.

Archived