Habibians

Recover note history by purchasing premium?

Hello Evernote Community,

I tried searching the forums for this but was unable to find what I was looking for. Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I recently noticed that some information on a note that I actively work on is missing and I really need it back. I was wondering if I purchase Evernote Premium if I'd be able to recover that information. I'm not sure if purchasing premium would allow me to retroactively give me access to note history BEFORE upgrading to premium or what. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Habib

Hi.  The archive process is always ongoing - so if you purchase access now,  you can get note history back to the first time you used the account.  Note details have to be in place on the server for a short while before they are archived,  so notes have to have been synced before they can be archived (obviously).  There is a slight risk that recent details may not have been backed up,  but it's always worth a try if you want to recover valuable information...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Habibians said:

I'm not sure if purchasing premium would allow me to retroactively give me access to note history

As per @gazumped, if the notes were on the server long enough to be backed up (runs several times a day), you will  be able to retrieve them.  The backups run all the time, for all account levels

Note; you can subscribe for a single month

• Like 2

How long are the archives kept? In other words, if I delete a note (or part of a note's contents), how long does that data sit in the cloud?

32 minutes ago, tavor said:

How long are the archives kept? In other words, if I delete a note (or part of a note's contents), how long does that data sit in the cloud?

AFAIK it's there forever..  I just checked a note from 2011 which has some original content saved.  And locked up my system... :(  (This is the backup laptop with sync-on-demand)...

7 hours ago, tavor said:

Warning: Note History is deleted when the note is expunged (deleted and emptied from the trash) edited: Note History is also deleted in the note is moved to a Local Notebook

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Warning: Note History is deleted when the note is expunged (deleted and emptied from the trash)

Makes sense. I suppose moving the note from a sync'ed notebook to a local notebook would also wipe the note's history. So if you had a note the way you wanted it and wanted to restart the history for some reason, move it to a local notebook for a day (presumably more than sufficient for EN to detect the missing note and wipe it from the archives), then move it back to a sync'ed notebook?

25 minutes ago, tavor said:

I suppose moving the note from a sync'ed notebook to a local notebook would also wipe the note's history. So if you had a note the way you wanted it and wanted to restart the history for some reason, move it to a local notebook for a day (presumably more than sufficient for EN to detect the missing note and wipe it from the archives), then move it back to a sync'ed notebook?

I just tested it, and the Note History was instantly deleted (after syncing)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I just tested it, and the Note History was instantly deleted (after syncing)

Thanks for confirming via test for this lowly Plus user!  :)

• Like 1

I am in a similar situation -- so does purchasing premium recover lost notes?

On 7/5/2018 at 1:08 AM, godisinyou said:

There are no guarantees,  but you will certainly be able to look back on all previously synced versions of the content.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, godisinyou said:

Premium accounts have access to Note History data.  This is a version backup of notes.

If the note is "lost", you won't be able to access versions of the note.