Add a "Most Recent Notes" View to evernote app

SamShearman

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, SamShearman said:

Add a "Most Recent Notes" View to evernote app.

This is a sidebar option on the Mac platdorm 
I've turned it off.  My default sort order is update date, so my recent notes are at the top of the list 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, SamShearman said:

Would make it easier to find notes that I've been recently working on.

If it's notes that you've been most recently working on, then a sort by Updates/Reversed Order should bring those notes to the top of your note list.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, SamShearman said:

Add a "Most Recent Notes" View to evernote app. Would be similar to Most recent section of Google Drive, but with notes. Would make it easier to find notes that I've been recently working on.

On Windows pressing the back arrow in the tool bar will show you most recently viewed and/or edited notes.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, csihilling said:

On Windows pressing the back arrow in the tool bar will show you most recently viewed and/or edited notes.

Good point. Just to be a little clearer, pressing the back arrow will interate back through the note history. Pressing and holding down the back arrow will give you a dropdown list of recently visited note titles.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, jefito said:

pressing the back arrow will interate back through the note history.

Interesting.  I only get the list of recent notes when I press the back arrow, no one at a time.  

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Interesting.  I only get the list of recent notes when I press the back arrow, no one at a time.

Click (probably should have said "clicking" rather than "pressing") the back arrow to go back to the previous note (and search state, I believe), press & hold it down to get the list; that's what I see in the Windows client (6.5.2.4452 prerelease).

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, jefito said:

Click (probably should have said "clicking" rather than "pressing") the back arrow to go back to the previous note (and search state, I believe), press & hold it down to get the list; that's what I see in the Windows client (6.5.2.4452 prerelease).

No, I'm with you.  If I click or click and hold the back arrow I get the same result, just the drop down list.  Then I can select a note to return to.  Not a biggie for sure.  Must be something in my environment from Windows to apps that makes it different..

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, csihilling said:

No, I'm with you.  If I click or click and hold the back arrow I get the same result, just the drop down list.  Then I can select a note to return to.  Not a biggie for sure.  Must be something in my environment from Windows to apps that makes it different..

That is strange; wonder what the difference is? Going back to the previous state is handy; fortunately you can also do that with Alt+LeftArrow... at least I can...

• Level 5*

Yes, Alt-LeftArrow works.  Funny thing is Back Arrow works fine in a stand alone note window, though typically not more than one or two links worth.  

Archived