creating an offline notebook

I am going out of the country, won't have reliable internet access, and can't remember how to make a notebook available offline (I'm a Premium member). At one time I did make a notebook offline and would like to change it back (it takes up a lot of memory and I just want the one notebook related to this trip to be offline for now).

Also, I was reading in another thread about people discovering that even though they had designated a notebook to be offline, they couldn't access the content. Are people still having a problem with that?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, ConnieN said:

how to make a notebook available offline (I'm a Premium member).

In v8, offline Notebooks is controlled in User > Settings > Notebook > Offline Notebooks

>>people discovering that even though they had designated a notebook to be offline, they couldn't access the content

I would check  selection of notes before going offline permanently.  Just disconnect the device from the internet and look at the note

Still not finding it. When I'm in Evernote itself I see File, Edit, View, Note, Format, Tools, Help, and so far have not found a pull down menu that says User>Settings>Notebook>Offline Notebooks

If I sign into my Evernote account and then click on the arrow by my user name and then select Account Settings, there is nothing that says Notebooks. It's a page summarizing my monthly usage, how to give a gift to a friend, my username and address, etc. The column on the left says Account Summary, Personal Settings, Devices, Profile, Reminders, Context Sources, Security Summary, Applications Access History, Connected Services, Purchase History

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ConnieN said:

Still not finding it. 

This discussion is for offline notebooks on iPad/iPhone and refers to the menu settings on those devices

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, ConnieN said:

till not finding it. When I'm in Evernote itself I see File, Edit, View, Note, Format, Tools, Help

These are the Windows menu items.  If you are talking about taking a laptop on your trip you don't need to do anything since your notes are stored on the laptop.

If you want to have a notebook available offline on your iPhone/iPad you need to go to Account - Settings - Notebooks - Offline Notebooks and adjust the settings, on your iDevice.

Thank you, hadn't even thought of going to my phone menu! Was just thinking it would be part of a master menu on my Evernote account. So now I'll tag a note with instructions for making an offline folder for the next time I need to do this.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, ConnieN said:

Thank you, hadn't even thought of going to my phone menu! Was just thinking it would be part of a master menu on my Evernote account. So now I'll tag a note with instructions for making an offline folder for the next time I need to do this.

No problem.  It has to be done a the device level because each device could have different offline notes.  

I have a full offline set on my iPad, but only selected notes on my iPhone

Archived