Update to Beta renders app unusable

GHain

Idea

Hello, I'm running MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite, I recently upgraded to the Beta release and since then have not been able to use Evernote at all. I've tried reinstalling the older version, but it won't allow that and now I'm stuck using the online version only. 

• Is there a way to fix this issue with a version that works? 

• Is there a way to revert? 

I'm stuck in some midpoint and would greatly appreciate some help to continue using my favorite app. 

Thank you!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, GHain said:

Hello, I'm running MAC OS X 10.10 Yosemite, I recently upgraded to the Beta release and since then have not been able to use Evernote at all. I've tried reinstalling the older version, but it won't allow that and now I'm stuck using the online version only. 

• Is there a way to fix this issue with a version that works? 

• Is there a way to revert? 

I'm stuck in some midpoint and would greatly appreciate some help to continue using my favorite app. 

Problem 1 - Fixing your installation

My solution steps are

1. Reboot my device; it solves many problems
  2. Delete the app and reinstall
  3. Delete the app and database, reinstall and let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes
    The app AppCleaner does a good job of deleting Evernote and database from your Mac

Problem 2 - Downgrading your software ( it won't allow that)

I'm guesssing you got a message saying your database was converted to the newer version
You can delete the database and have it rebuilt from the servers
The app AppCleaner does a good job of deleting Evernote and database from your Mac

39 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Problem 1 - Fixing your installation

My solution steps is

1. Reboot my device; it solves many problems
  2. Delete the app and reinstall
  3. Delete the app and database, reinstall and let the database be rebuilt from the servers

Problem 2 - Downgrading your software ( it won't allow that)

I'm guesssing you got a message saying your database was converted to the newer version
You can delete the database and have it rebuilt from the servers

@GHain you may have better luck if you follow the official uninstall instructions here:

Archived