(Archived) Evernote Account Switcher

jsiegers

Idea

11 replies to this idea

Just want to say this is a fantastic little app.

It lets you have multiple Evernote accounts on a Mac, and it seamlessly switches between them.

I've tested version 2.0, and it stable and does the job - you don't even have to enter your passwords.

Why on earth Evernote don't include this function I don't know - because now I'm going to be buying a second premium account, and maybe more.

At least it should be available via The Trunk?

This is great but I need to access both my personal and business accounts simultaneously, which neither Evernote nor EAS could do right now :lol:

Any solutions?

Seems like you have two possible solutions now:

1. [*:63xs1oz7]Shared Notebooks
    [*:63xs1oz7]Merge your accounts, and have one Notebook, or one Stack, for Business and one for Personal.

Both options are not possible due to security and privacy issues, as the business account are assessed by others.

Why couldn't you share Notebooks from the Business account with your personal account?

Then when you login to your personal account you will see the Business notebooks on the shared tab.

This is no less secure than you logging into both accounts.

Why couldn't you share Notebooks from the Business account with your personal account?

Then when you login to your personal account you will see the Business notebooks on the shared tab.

This is no less secure than you logging into both accounts.

Because Evernote's sharing cannot share stacks.

Besides, both my accounts have dozens of notebooks in dozens of stacks. To share dozens of changing, evolving and growing stacks would be a nightmare even if Evernote is capable of doing it.

I get a pop-up message saying: "Synchronization Failure" Evernote is unable to connect with Evernote service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic syncrhonization will resume once the Service becomes available"

I was able to fix it by delete the account on EAS, reinstalling EAS and Evernote etc.. but after using it for a couple of days, the same problem came back :(

Do you get this all the time?

It's a pretty clear message otherwise.

You're unable to connect to the server because of a network problem or server maintenance.

It would be another problem if you always get this message.

Like for days in row.

Archived