Macros called within Shortcuts

Kurt Sycip

Idea

Can a macro feature be added within Evernote? So a set of commands that are used often can be saved and executed by pressing a Shortcut or hotkeys.

For example, it one uses Evernote for time management and wants to change tags on a particular task/note from this week to today. One has to select the note, then tag today and then untag this week. As you evaluate your schedule and priorities throughout the day, macros like this would make Evernote better.

Another macro that one can set up is when a shortcut is selected, is a note is moved from Action Pending notebook to Completed and untag any today, this week, this month, later, someday, waiting tags.

Thanks.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

None of those exist within EN today.  You can develop shortcuts of your own using tools like PhraseExpress or AutoHotkey.  You may or may not be able to do everything you want.  Still, I have developed hotkeys using PhraseExpress for some of my more repetitive tasks.

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-09 at 10:23 AM, Kurt Sycip said:

Can a macro feature be added within Evernote? So a set of commands that are used often can be saved and executed by pressing a Shortcut or hotkeys.

The featuresets are optimized for each platform
On the Mac platform, Evernote has an extensive scripting layer; I use it for many functions
- documentation here https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/applescript.php

An example iof the code is

tell application "Evernote"
     move theNote to notebook  ...
     set title of theNote to ...
     set subject date of theNote to ...
     set reminder time of theNote to  ...
     assign tag "..." to newNote
end tell

Archived