Body text in Windows version is usual, but it's turn into link in Android version?! why?

Hi there

This problem has happened recently in my Android version, especially for a website that I love its articles! (Aeon.co). I clip some its pages, when I check them in Windows version after I clipping, everything is okay as I expected, while I sync and check them in Android version, most body texts turn into links, while they are not link originally and they're just simple text. I confused why it happens and just can see in Android's Evernote version?! 

Fortunately, I don't have this issue for the other web pages for the other websites.

Both Android and Windows versions updated to last version

Thanks

Masoud

2017-03-05_11-17-50.jpg

Screenshot_2017-03-05-11-19-01.png

11 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried Simplify (or Remove) Formatting on your note?  It's possible that the clip brought across some embedded code that the Android thinks is a link...

Yes, I tried both functions on the body texts, but didn't work and didn't solve the unexpeted hyperlinks. I clip the essays of that website in "Simplifed Article" method. Then I crop an image related to that essay with another program like Snagit, save and paste it in the begining of the note into Evernote, Fianlly, bold the first letters of each paragraph to recognize and see better for reading. This is just I do it; no more thing, but I don't know why the body texts change into links in Android, not Windows version. 

Note: If I clip a essay and don't touch it (like inserting and pasting an image in the begining of a note, and bolding first letters of each paragraphs) nothing changes and everything is okay.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  That's very odd.  I'd suggest you try uninstalling and restart/ reinstalling the Android app - which is about as much teching as is possible with a mobile client - and if the blue underline still persists,  raise it with support.  It may be something to do with Snagit cropping a link to the original image,  or maybe Evernote takes text under an image as being a caption..  it really needs a developer to take a look at the source for the note and find out why Android dislikes it so much..

I'd suggest you raise it with support or send a message on twitter (see top of page).

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  That's very odd.  I'd suggest you try uninstalling and restart/ reinstalling the Android app - which is about as much teching as is possible with a mobile client - and if the blue underline still persists,  raise it with support.  It may be something to do with Snagit cropping a link to the original image,  or maybe Evernote takes text under an image as being a caption..  it really needs a developer to take a look at the source for the note and find out why Android dislikes it so much..

I'd suggest you raise it with support or send a message on twitter (see top of page).

Those possibilities you mentioned can be caused this problem with thsoe specefic notes, I'll try uninstall/install it and this time crop image with another program except Snagit to see what will happen. If it won't work, I'll explain and ask the support.

Thanks

Archived