Link to a folder?

• Level 5*

Is it possible to create a link to a folder (as opposed to linking to a file)? For the sake of convenience, I'd like to insert a link into a note that launches Windows Explorer and opens a specified folder. 

• Level 5

Well, I find that I can do it in the same way as creating a file link. I type or paste the path to the desired folder into a note, e.g., C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\My Received Files, then select it and press Ctrl+K. This brings up the hyperlink dialog, with the path preceded by file:/// filled in; click OK, and it inserts a blue-underlined link with the text consisting simply of the path. You can also just press Ctrk+K and paste or type the path into the dialog, which will then produce a link whose text is the path preceded by file:///. If it's a long, complicated path, you can click in the address line in Windows Explorer and copy it from there to paste into the note.

• Level 5*

Thanks, this works great.

I didn't need to include "file:///". Just copied address from Explorer's address bar and then CTRL+K on selected text in EN to paste address into link field.

• Level 5*

Yeah, an easy way to get the file name to paste into the link is to go to the security tab in the properties dialog for the file.  Just copy from the object name at the top and paste into the hyperlink address.  The file:.... stuff just gets added, magic.

ScreenClip.png.1d921be4078223ba44bc9765de690d8e.png

Archived