Which image type should I use?

Hello, I am a new user of Evernote Premium and have a somewhat generic question about saving images. I am creating Evernote notes that include various images of hand written notes, photos, typed documents, and clipped web pages. I am trying the various Evernote tools to capture these images. Probably the most common is my iPhone using the Evernote app. When capturing images I am able to "save as" Photo, Document, Color Document, Post-It Note, or Business card. 

Post-It Note and Business card are self explanatory but it's not clear to me when and why I would select Photo or Document. If I take a picture of something that doesn't have text should I select photo? When something has text should I select document? Is it that simple?

Thank you,

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, jgkurz said:

Probably the most common is my iPhone using the Evernote app

You might look into the Evernote Scannable app; it has more features

THere's documentation here
https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/04/02/picture-great-things-with-evernotes-new-ios-camera-functionality/

The documentation doesn't actually explain the diferences between photo and document
I usually just allow the automatic feature to do this selection

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jgkurz said:

If I take a picture of something that doesn't have text should I select photo? When something has text should I select document? Is it that simple?

Ask yourself do I want this to be stored as a PDF or as a picture and how you want to view it within EN would be my thoughts.

Archived