Evernote deactivates

Greetings, 

I'm a daily Evernote user. However, the Evernote app suddenly disappears and I have to go to the Play Store and activate again for it to appear in the screen again. 

I would be very grateful if someone tells me how to fix it. 

Thanks in advances, 

Tadashi. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  You obviously should not have to go to the Play Store to get Evernote each time.  What device are you using,  and does the Play Store install Evernote again,  or does it just start the app which is already installed on your device?

• Level 5*

I'd suggest you talk to your phone service.  If you install an app on the phone you should get an icon on the home screen which will open the app.  Going to the play store will either install the app if it's not already on the phone,  or will open the app - which is what you seem to be doing.  That's not a usual way to start an app however. 

Evernote also has widgets - which can show you some notes,  start the camera or record an audio note if you wish.  This is some information about installing them.. http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1091907

In fact, I install the app and the widgets. And suddenly they all disappear. So I have to go back to the Play Store and activate them, not install. 
It seems like I have special problem. Thank you for you help anyway!

• Level 5*

Sorry I wasn't very helpful!  Try uninstalling the app (before you have to activate it again) and restart the phone,  then reinstall the app.  If that doesn't fix the problem,  try contacting Evernote Support (or Tweet as at the top of this page).  :)

• Level 5

In Android, an app can be "Disabled" without being uninstalled, and it then needs to be "Enabled" again for it to work. This is normally done in Settings > Applications > Application manager, then scroll down to find the app in question.

However, I think "Disabling" should only apply to apps that were pre-installed when the phone was purchased, not to apps that you have installed from the Play Store. For apps that you installed, the options in Settings should be Uninstall (not Disable) and Force Stop. So perhaps a version of Evernote was on the phone when you bought it. In this case, I think you should make sure that all your notes are synced first, then go to the Play Store and Uninstall Evernote. Then (as @gazumped suggested) restart the phone and go to Play Store and install Evernote from there. That way you can be sure you have the regular, installed version of the app, not a version pre-installed by the phone manufacturer.

Archived