Activate wizard in Sticky Notes failure

Hi!

I'm using long time Evernote and Evernote Sticky Notes. Now I created new clean Windows 10 install and installed both - Evernote and its Sticky Notes. I'm using Evernote also on my Windows Phone.
At beginning using Sticky Notes is for sync req'd request activation link. I selected Evernote account and pushed request button. It outputs error:

"The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required."

What to do? really don't know. In Evernote are notes visible and are in Notes Stickies... but can't display stickies...
Thank you for each help.

Miro

Is this the Sticky Notes application you're using? http://stickynotes.edo-soft.com/

This is developed by a 3rd party and you may need to contact them for help or check out the 3rd party app forum - https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/163-third-party-application-discussions/ - i did a quick search of this forum and didn't see anything, though I did see mentions for "Evernote Sticky Notes" with other questions/errors.

I have a similar problem on a Thinkpad SL510.  Ive been using note s long time and they have been syncing till last week.  Hadn't changed anything.  I have tried a new activation link  Also  I have tried reauthorize. Get the same error message.  So I uninstalled the sticky notes last night.  I reinstalled this morning.   The sticky notes came back but still wont sync

They will sync computer to computer on my other Thinkpad but not with Evernote

Will check out the other link

One thing is important: I was using Sticky Notes for Evernote long time and always were synced and correctly working with Evernote on my Desktop and Mobile (both Windows 10, earlier Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1),,,

So "Plenty of nothing is still nothing" is not solution.

Miro

5 hours ago, MIRKOSOFT said:

One thing is important: I was using Sticky Notes for Evernote long time and always were synced and correctly working with Evernote on my Desktop and Mobile (both Windows 10, earlier Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1),,,

So "Plenty of nothing is still nothing" is not solution.

Miro

@MIRKOSOFT

Why don't you get in contact with the folks?  All I can say is the other bit of information I found  kind of supported my assessment. It takes two to tango :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

@MIRKOSOFT

Why don't you get in contact with the folks?  All I can say is the other bit of information I found  kind of supported my assessment. It takes two to tango :rolleyes:

If you go to the website they have no forum or techincal support available.  Considering you have to get an authorization key from Evernote to use It.  I would say Evernote should address this one way or another.   Because you data is at risk if these people are just allowed to tap into your Everote database without being responsible

Truth is that support or forum is missing... but no one problem to this last install...
You wrote that you have similar problem, reinstallation helped or not? I tried to reinstall Sticky Notes too, but nothing helped.

Miro

From the internet records available  its appears that the sticky note app project originated as a school project..

Time goes on, people leave school, move on and maybe  interest in spending time and money on maintenance for the sake of a few non-paying users wanes.  Whoever these guys are, they have no obligation to anybody.  And to be honest,  I would not expect Evernote to get involved. As their website will expire in early summer and going by the current status....

However, as a workaround, you might find a way of transferring contents into Evernote. Come to think of it, should not be that difficult.

@Mirkosoft, even the next 500 de- and reinstalls have no influence on the API. 

So, I try to find other solution - I was using Evernote only for sharing notes between my desktop and phone (both Windows) - nothing more.
Sticky Notes for Evernote were nice solution to have it on desktop.

If I can ask: Can you recommend me any app with only these components?
1. Notes online accessible in Windows 10 Mobile (phone), Windows 10 (desktop) with sync between
2. For desktop available to pin notes on dekstop as sticky notes
3. At least 10 notes available to use

Thank you for help.

Miro

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, MIRKOSOFT said:

If I can ask: Can you recommend me any app with only these components?
1. Notes online accessible in Windows 10 Mobile (phone), Windows 10 (desktop) with sync between
2. For desktop available to pin notes on dekstop as sticky notes
3. At least 10 notes available to use

I'm just using the vanilla Evernote app: syncing between my iPad and Mac

Did you really need the Sticky Notes features?

Yes, really.

For to be correct: I have memory troubles, I cannot recover and if I see anything not, it is like lost. Notes in computer are forgotten if I do not look at at least daily.
But my memory works in other ways very good, not whole is damaged... this is reality for me.

Miro

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, MIRKOSOFT said:

For to be correct: I have memory troubles, I cannot recover and if I see anything not, it is like lost. Notes in computer are forgotten if I do not look at at least daily.
But my memory works in other ways very good, not whole is damaged... this is reality for me.

Im not a Windows user so other users will have to advise you on app suggestions
In your list of requirements, you didn't indicate integration with Evernote - is this off the table?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-03-02 at 4:18 PM, MIRKOSOFT said:

On 2017-03-03 at 0:26 AM, MIRKOSOFT said:

Evernote is perfect, but I can't wait that I'll find any Sticky Notes app for Evernote...

Does it have to sync with Evernote?

Why not a Sticky/Post-it application; you can copy/paste text from Evernote

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like existing installs of Sticky Notes will carry on working, but new ones won't.

You could also use the option to sync with Dropbox or Google Drive option in Sticky Notes.  (Of course it won't sync with Evernote, though!)

If you're desperate for syncing with Sticky Notes to Google Drive or Dropbox to Evernote, you can use IFTTT or Zapier (can't remember which) but I could only get one-way sync to work.

This [is] was such a popular, simple and useful app. Is there no way this application could be resurrected, or replicated by Evernote officially? 

I pretty much signed up for Premium on the basis that I could share quick notes between all devices. Work PC, Personal PC, Phone, Tablet. Evernote Free restricted me to 2 devices, so I made do until I realized the productivity gains by having on all 4 again. Since the Sticky Notes was the only way I used Evernote on my PC's, I might as well cancel my premium subscription now, and revert back to just using it across my Tablet and Phone; 

Feels like you are pushing users towards adopting Dropbox, Skydrive or even OneNote... which is fine (and free to consumers) but a strange strategy??

• 3 weeks later...

The software isn't working because Evernote changed their API and the developer of Sticky Notes didn't update their application to work with an updated API. I have reverse-engineered the Sticky notes software and managed to get it working again. I will post the updated software to my blog in a day or two, because I am preoccupied with work right now. I will also post a link to the updated software in this thread.

The reason for the user account activation issues and the “The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required” error message is an outdated OAuth library DLL file which resides in the Evernote Sticky Notes application installation folder. I have de-compiled it, updated the code inside and re-compile it. Evernote Sticky Notes is now able to correctly communicate with the Evernote server and complete the activation / authorization process.

I am offering an updated OAuth library DLL file to the public on my blog, together with detailed instructions so even less computer savvy users can repair their Sticky Notes. An updated OAuth library DLL file is compatible with the latest version of Evernote Sticky Notes, that is v1.5.9. 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to outside sources in this thread, so I encourage you to manually search for it on google - "evernote sticky notes error 411 getgui".

4 minutes ago, turbobal said:

I did the test and it works.  The activation also works, did the test on a new machine.

@Sushi1808, thank you for fixing the problem & I did a little donation for your work.

@turbobal thank you for the donation and thank you for your feedback, both is greatly appreciated.

Damn you are a hero. It works perfectly. Will donate now!

On 1-3-2017 at 6:34 AM, MIRKOSOFT said:

Hi!

I'm using long time Evernote and Evernote Sticky Notes. Now I created new clean Windows 10 install and installed both - Evernote and its Sticky Notes. I'm using Evernote also on my Windows Phone.
At beginning using Sticky Notes is for sync req'd request activation link. I selected Evernote account and pushed request button. It outputs error:

"The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required."

What to do? really don't know. In Evernote are notes visible and are in Notes Stickies... but can't display stickies...
Thank you for each help.

Miro

Get yourself some glasses ;-), this is exactly the problem we are all refering to. See: http://getgui.com/blog/windows/evernote-sticky-notes-error-411-length-required-on-request-activation-link-to-re-authorize-user-account-sync-notes/ for a solution.

2 hours ago, _MsG_ said:

Damn you are a hero. It works perfectly. Will donate now!

Get yourself some glasses ;-), this is exactly the problem we are all refering to. See: http://getgui.com/blog/windows/evernote-sticky-notes-error-411-length-required-on-request-activation-link-to-re-authorize-user-account-sync-notes/ for a solution.

Thank you very much for your donation:)

@Sushi1808

my sincere compliments to you and what suberb news for the users of those Sticky Notes. :)  I sincerely hope for enough donations coming your way to keep it going ;) 

Just out of curiousity, do you also have a fix for Evernote's rotten printing code? To my shame I was never aware what a disaster printing from Evernote is until the latest Win Beta turned up with the much hoped for colour formatting of table cells. 

What looked really fine on screen was nothing but a poor joke when printing. Worst of all I learnt that printing had been an issue for ages. Maybe a job for you???:D

Anyway, nice to learn of your talents and your rescue job.

11 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

@Sushi1808

my sincere compliments to you and what suberb news for the users of those Sticky Notes. :)  I sincerely hope for enough donations coming your way to keep it going ;) 

Just out of curiousity, do you also have a fix for Evernote's rotten printing code? To my shame I was never aware what a disaster printing from Evernote is until the latest Win Beta turned up with the much hoped for colour formatting of table cells. 

What looked really fine on screen was nothing but a poor joke when printing. Worst of all I learnt that printing had been an issue for ages. Maybe a job for you???:D

Anyway, nice to learn of your talents and your rescue job.

JohnLongney thank you for kind words:)

I'm sorry but I can't offer a solution for Evernote printing problems, since the code for the desktop client of Evernote is too complex for my current programming skills.

It would be best if you file a bug report regarding the mentioned issue, I am sure developers at Evernote will be glad to correct the problem in future updates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-14 at 0:00 PM, Sushi1808 said:

The reason for the user account activation issues and the “The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required” ...

Hi Sushi - Thanks, that's worked perfectly and was very easy to do.  I've made a (small) donation on getgui.com

Cheers,  Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Sushi1808, you have saved my sanity!!  I NEEDED this as today my notes wouldn't sync on my home computer and could never get it to sync on my work computer after getting a new computer. I so appreciate your work! This option is mandatory for managing my life! Thank you....Donation made. Please keep it up!

2 hours ago, Zigzagmolly said:

Sushi1808, you have saved my sanity!!  I NEEDED this as today my notes wouldn't sync on my home computer and could never get it to sync on my work computer after getting a new computer. I so appreciate your work! This option is mandatory for managing my life! Thank you....Donation made. Please keep it up!

You are welcome. Thank you for your donation.

Archived