• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
MIRKOSOFT

Activate wizard in Sticky Notes failure

Idea

Hi!

I'm using long time Evernote and Evernote Sticky Notes. Now I created new clean Windows 10 install and installed both - Evernote and its Sticky Notes. I'm using Evernote also on my Windows Phone.
At beginning using Sticky Notes is for sync req'd request activation link. I selected Evernote account and pushed request button. It outputs error:

"The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required."

What to do? really don't know. In Evernote are notes visible and are in Notes Stickies... but can't display stickies...
Thank you for each help.

Miro

37 replies to this idea

Damn you are a hero. It works perfectly. Will donate now!

On 1-3-2017 at 6:34 AM, MIRKOSOFT said:

Hi!

I'm using long time Evernote and Evernote Sticky Notes. Now I created new clean Windows 10 install and installed both - Evernote and its Sticky Notes. I'm using Evernote also on my Windows Phone.
At beginning using Sticky Notes is for sync req'd request activation link. I selected Evernote account and pushed request button. It outputs error:

"The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required."

What to do? really don't know. In Evernote are notes visible and are in Notes Stickies... but can't display stickies...
Thank you for each help.

Miro

Get yourself some glasses ;-), this is exactly the problem we are all refering to. See: http://getgui.com/blog/windows/evernote-sticky-notes-error-411-length-required-on-request-activation-link-to-re-authorize-user-account-sync-notes/ for a solution.

1 person likes this

@Sushi1808

my sincere compliments to you and what suberb news for the users of those Sticky Notes. :)  I sincerely hope for enough donations coming your way to keep it going ;) 

Just out of curiousity, do you also have a fix for Evernote's rotten printing code? To my shame I was never aware what a disaster printing from Evernote is until the latest Win Beta turned up with the much hoped for colour formatting of table cells. 

What looked really fine on screen was nothing but a poor joke when printing. Worst of all I learnt that printing had been an issue for ages. Maybe a job for you???:D

Anyway, nice to learn of your talents and your rescue job.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

@Sushi1808

my sincere compliments to you and what suberb news for the users of those Sticky Notes. :)  I sincerely hope for enough donations coming your way to keep it going ;) 

Just out of curiousity, do you also have a fix for Evernote's rotten printing code? To my shame I was never aware what a disaster printing from Evernote is until the latest Win Beta turned up with the much hoped for colour formatting of table cells. 

What looked really fine on screen was nothing but a poor joke when printing. Worst of all I learnt that printing had been an issue for ages. Maybe a job for you???:D

Anyway, nice to learn of your talents and your rescue job.

JohnLongney thank you for kind words:)

I'm sorry but I can't offer a solution for Evernote printing problems, since the code for the desktop client of Evernote is too complex for my current programming skills.

It would be best if you file a bug report regarding the mentioned issue, I am sure developers at Evernote will be glad to correct the problem in future updates.

On 2017-5-14 at 0:00 PM, Sushi1808 said:

The reason for the user account activation issues and the “The remote server returned an error: (411) Length Required” ...

Hi Sushi - Thanks, that's worked perfectly and was very easy to do.  I've made a (small) donation on getgui.com

Cheers,  Richard

1 person likes this

Richard you are welcome and thank you for donation, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reverse engineer the dll. The fix works perfectly for me. Shame that Evernote or the app developer couldn't do this themselves!

Many thanks again

1 person likes this

Thank you for your feedback, you are welcome.

Sushi1808, you have saved my sanity!!  I NEEDED this as today my notes wouldn't sync on my home computer and could never get it to sync on my work computer after getting a new computer. I so appreciate your work! This option is mandatory for managing my life! Thank you....Donation made. Please keep it up!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Zigzagmolly said:

Sushi1808, you have saved my sanity!!  I NEEDED this as today my notes wouldn't sync on my home computer and could never get it to sync on my work computer after getting a new computer. I so appreciate your work! This option is mandatory for managing my life! Thank you....Donation made. Please keep it up!

You are welcome. Thank you for your donation.

1 person likes this