Penultimate updates in 2017

TeddySasha

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote don't usually share that sort of information.  They did spend some long time last year updating the editor in all apps to permit new features like styles and better tables handling - they may have decided to complete that and then integrate Penultimate functions into the editor for all mobile users.  They're unlikely to confirm or deny though,  so your guess...

On 2/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Evernote don't usually share that sort of information.  They did spend some long time last year updating the editor in all apps to permit new features like styles and better tables handling - they may have decided to complete that and then integrate Penultimate functions into the editor for all mobile users.  They're unlikely to confirm or deny though,  so your guess...

So basically  gazumped doesn't know.

I don't know either, Teddy.

I agree with you gazumped. Maybe, and that's some maybe, Evernote has finally moved on from expanding its user base and will finally focus on developing their platform more. It'd be really wonderful to need only one app on my iPad for handwritting and with Evernote's platform integration.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ali Ganum said:

Hello, I see that this post is old and few comments are around, I also would like to see one app for writing and typing especially with Apple Pencil now that it have good time out there.

Have you looked at using other editors with Evernote.  

My favourite is Notability on my iPad.  I’m also looking at Goodnotes for the ocr feature.  I save my work as a note attachment, in both native and pdf format

Well, Evernote is note taking leader, but still don’t officially or fully support Apple Pencil, which is great for writing, I purchased all Evernote Jot Script Styles and none of them is near to Apple Pencil, I wish Evernote will integrate Penultimte within Evernote same as Notes in iOS11.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ali Ganum said:

but still don’t officially or fully support Apple Pencil

The Apple Pencil is supported via the operating system.  

Were there specific features you were looking for?

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

The Apple Pencil is supported via the operating system.  

Were there specific features you were looking for?

I mean Penultimate works better than Sketch, I find some glitches when writing within Sketch, as I reached Evernote they told me it is not officially supported, so I suppose Evernote can do something about it to work better, and personally I don’t like switching  between apps like switching between Penultimate and Evernote knowing that Sketch is yet limited to what Penultimate can do.

Archived