How can we return to v7?

Ben P

Idea

Is there an official or unofficial way to install Evernote version 7?

New design and features seem great, I just can't stand how slow this app is now. Hopefully it will eventually be resolved but for now I'd just like to be able to access my notes on iPhone without waiting so long for the app to open. How can I install v7?

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Ben P said:

Is there an official or unofficial way to install Evernote version 7?

New design and features seem great, I just can't stand how slow this app is now. Hopefully it will eventually be resolved but for now I'd just like to be able to access my notes on iPhone without waiting so long for the app to open. How can I install v7?

It's unofficial; Apple doesn't support versioning

If you research posts you can find suggestions on various solutions
I use iTunes on my Mac to control my software versions

I agree that the new iOS version is nearly unusable. It is incredibly and unbearably slow on both my iPad and iPhone (all at the latest iOS levels. I wish we could return to version 7 because I'm now looking a alternatives to Evernote. 

6 hours ago, cmj05sc said:

I like the new version.  Once I got used to it I find it to be very quick.

What do you mean "got used to it"? Has it become faster? I'm not going to "get used to" 10-20 second launch times!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, cmj05sc said:

My launch times have never been slow.  It took me a bit to understand how to find my notes but launch times were not an issue on my end 

I notice a lag when starting up; not serious, and it doesn't stop me from using Evernote

I've encountered a serious issue in table handling with v8.2

It makes the version unusable and I had to downgrade to a previous version

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

- So how did you manage the downgrade?  (For us non-Apple types...)  ;)  (Just intrigued)

I control the versions using iTunes on my Mac.

The version files are retrieved from my backups (Time Macine)

I also have found that the latest release is almost unusable due to many second delays when starting a new note and periodically when typing following a pause.  Whatever new background features have been added should have the ability to be turned off.  (For example background searches) or at least demoted in priority.  Otherwise will have to abandon ship and move to something else like One Note (Inferior I think but at least usable), and until now this application has been awesome.

Could it be during in house testing you aren't using a large enough database?  I literally have thousands of notes at in Evernote at this point.  There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to archive them out of the way, so they just build up... 

Thanks!

Archived