(Archived) Does anyone backup their Evernote data?

Greetings!

I was curious, does anyone backup their Evernote data or do you just stick with the versions you have synced to Evernotes servers?

I assume, if somebody gets access to your Evernote installation and deletes all your notes, they will be gone from Evernote servers on the next sync, without any "undo" option?

• Level 5*
I think a girl can't be too skinny, too rich or have too many backups. :)

skinny : ummm, Twiggy?

rich : well, OK

backups : typo for 'backrubs'?

:)

Not asking HOW to do it - but IF you do it, platform doesn't matter

Ah, I see. The answer's yes: it's just included in my nightly SyncToy copy from "My Documents" and "Application Data" folders. I've never mucked with it, though, or tried to restore it.

~Jeff

I have a cheap USB drive that I use to automatically back up my "home directory" from my laptop, which just automatically includes my Evernote folder, along with my "documents" folder, etc. I think this is a general best practice for computer usage, although Evernote's general "cloud backup" and new Note History features definitely mitigate against personal drive failures a lot more than standard "desktop only" software solutions.

I think a girl can't be too skinny, too rich or have too many backups. :)

skinny : ummm, Twiggy?

rich : well, OK

backups : typo for 'backrubs'?

:)

Well, the skinny thing is a bit glib. We've a good friend whose daughter is/was anorexic. (I don't know if that's one of those things you can "cure" or if you're "in recovery.") So yes, one can be too skinny. I tend to think that's probably not an issue on tech fora, though. (Yes, I guess that's a stereotype.)

IIRC, I don't think Twiggy's skinny was nearly as bad as Kate Moss' skinny... Or it could be selective memory, since I was a young girl when Twiggy became famous. :)

Backups or backrubs...either way...can't have too many. :)

[/thread hijack]

• 4 years later...
Posted · Hidden by Metrodon, May 1, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Metrodon, May 1, 2015 - No reason given

If you want alternative then try Ahsay Backup Software. I use this software for backup. Ahsay Backup Software comes with dedicated backup modules for backing up VMware ESXi (both paid and free versions), Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange Server DAG, Microsoft Exchange Server database, Microsoft Exchange Server individual mailboxes, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Database, Oracle Database, Lotus Domino / Notes, Windows System and Windows System State. Other applications and databases such as Microsoft Sharepoint can also be backed up using our flexible command line tool. You can check this software too. Thanks and check this software http://www.ahsay.com/jsp/en/home/index.jsp?pageContentKey=ahsay_products_overview&r=1d

Archived