Iphone Search Results Different than Other Devices

I'm a relatively new user to Evernote. I had originally been using the Notebooks and Stacks to separate different tasks and groupings, but started to shift towards using tags and shortcut searches. One search that I have used on the Windows desktop app is searching for specific tags and filtering out anything that has a future reminder date (after today). This seems to work great on the desktop applications, but I noticed a difference when I look at the same shortcut on the iphone app.

Here is the syntax:  tag:"@Home" tag:"Next Action" -remindertime:day+1

As I mentioned, this seems to work great on my desktop, but on the iphone app this same shortcut only shows tasks with reminders previous to today and reminders from today. Doesn't show anything that DOESN'T have a reminder...

Any recommendations??  Thank you!

• Level 5*

is the context the same for both searches (All notes or a stack or a notebook)?  Are you sure it is the same search on both platforms?  

If yes, then is the search a saved search?  is it in your shortcuts?  

If not, make the search a saved search on the desktop app.  If you make it a shortcut  make sure Tools - Options - Synchronization - Synchronize shortcuts is checked.  Sync the desktop and then go to your IOS device, sync, and execute the saved search or the shortcut.  You should get the same results then.  That's how it works for me in any case.

20 hours ago, csihilling said:

is the context the same for both searches (All notes or a stack or a notebook)?  Are you sure it is the same search on both platforms?  

If yes, then is the search a saved search?  is it in your shortcuts?  

If not, make the search a saved search on the desktop app.  If you make it a shortcut  make sure Tools - Options - Synchronization - Synchronize shortcuts is checked.  Sync the desktop and then go to your IOS device, sync, and execute the saved search or the shortcut.  You should get the same results then.  That's how it works for me in any case.

Hi csihilling, Yes, the context is the exact same. I've used it through saved searches and shortcuts and I still get different results on my iphone. I think it has something to do with the -Remindertime:day+1 part of the search.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, REGN said:

Hi csihilling, Yes, the context is the exact same. I've used it through saved searches and shortcuts and I still get different results on my iphone. I think it has something to do with the -Remindertime:day+1 part of the search.

Interesting.  You may be on to something.  

• If I do -remindertime:day+1 on my PC I get all notes with an "older" reminder date and notes without a reminder.  
  • If I do the same search on the iPhone I only get notes with an "older" reminder date.

This confirms what you are seeing I think.  Not sure what's up, but if you are trying to find @Home Next Action notes without reminders try substituting -reminderorder:* in the search for remindertime.  That and go to EN twitter and see what they have to say.  Sorry I didn't catch it sooner, all of my remindertime searches are date ranges so my thinking cap wasn't on.  

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-25 at 8:19 AM, REGN said:

Doesn't show anything that DOESN'T have a reminder...

Without addressing the search differences

The syntax for reminders with no date is      reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:*

You could also use this to clean up your reminders.  My reminders all have a date

Archived