How to Export

I would like to ask help in exportingf notebooks. The help in Evernote Windows Web version says

How to export (backup) notes and notebooks

Evernote makes it easy for you to back up your data using the export option. By exporting your notes as an Evernote XML (.enex) file, you can back up a single note, multiple notes, or one notebook at a time. Exporting your notes saves all your note contents and tags to the ENEX file.

To export a note(s) or a notebook, do the following:

On Windows

1. Export a note(s): Select File > Export Note(s)
  2. Export a notebook: Right-click on a notebook and select Export Notes
  3. Select Export as file in ENEX (.enex) format from the format options box
  4. Select Options... and check the 'Tags' box

Typically for the rubbish help within Evernote, there is no indication of whether they are talking about the web version or the desktop app,

but in either case, I don't see any File option, and right clicking on a notebook doesn't give any Export option.

Thanks for any help.

• Ex Employees
4 minutes ago, bry1050 said:

here is no indication of whether they are talking about the web version or the desktop app,

All instructions for Windows are for the Desktop app. Evernote Web instructions will be listed separately under "Evernote Web" or "Web". 

6 minutes ago, bry1050 said:

I don't see any File option, and right clicking on a notebook doesn't give any Export option.

What option(s) do you see when you right-click a notebook title from the left panel? This is what you should see: 

Win7_-_CSVM02.png

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, bry1050 said:

there is no indication of whether they are talking about the web version or the desktop app,

You're reading about the Windows Desktop platform (On Windows)

Export is a feature on Windows/Mac platforms

For other platforms, you would need to look at a cloud option offered by third parties.
I'm aware of the cloudHQ service

OK, I see what my problem is. The Evernote app in the Windows 10 app store is not the official Evernote app.

It is some third party app, which shouldn't be in the app store, because it's very bad.

I now have the official Evernote app, which should be in the Windows app store, but isn't.

Thanks for the help.

Actually, this crappy app called Evernote Touch, was actually an official Evernote app,

It wes taken out of service in August 20156. Obviously anybody actively using the app was assumed to

have psychic powers.

Archived