Printing multiple articles in duplex, each article on a new page

jmunoz

One of our office Admins is trying to print multiple articles, in duplex but with each new articles appearing on a separate page.  Right now a new article may appear on the backside of another.  Another user is saying he can do this but haven't figured out how.  

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums! By "articles," I presume you mean Evernote notes; and I presume you're using the Evernote Windows desktop program. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

One thing to look at would be the print options. With a note or notes selected in Evernote, press Ctrl+P, or go to File > Print. In the print dialog, there's an Options button at the bottom left (an unusual feature, and easy to overlook). Click that, and make sure the first option, "Print each note on a separate page," is selected. If that doesn't do it, then I'm out of ideas!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm wondering if the duplex printing is confusing the issue - the printer would normally load a new sheet after each page is printed,  or an 'end of file' code is sent.  Double sided printing means ignoring end of file flags and just carrying on with the next note until a page is full.  Maybe you can have 'one note,  one page' OR double sided,  but not both...

It's possible to print notes to files rather than paper - any chance the printer can handle multiple files in duplex mode?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, hhajj said:

How is it possible to print each note on a paper after I merge the notes

Hi.  Do you want to print a merged note as one document,  or the two (or more) component notes as separate documents?  As @Dave-in-Decatur says above, select the note(s) you want to print and check the options available.  If you merged already and want to print separate notes,  look in the Trash notebook for the originals,  reinstate the notes,  print and then delete again - or not,  as you prefer.

Archived