Idea

Currently, tabs are marked with the name of the open note's notebook. However, I would find it much more useful to have the tab name be the note name. Otherwise I end up flipping through all my tabs to find the correct note anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 replies to this idea

This gotta be some kind of a bug in Evernote's system? I mean: why on Earth should the tab be named after the notebook and not the note!? Right now the tab system is pretty much useless cos when I have several notes open from the same notebook I spent too much time going from tab to tab in order to find the note I was looking for. 

Evernote Team, please fix this bug ASAP!! 

Come on Evernote, I just forked out for Premium and all my tabs have the same name! 20 months later.

There are two types of windows; note and note list

Tabs in the note window show the name of the note.1128959411_ScreenShot2019-02-08at08_54_42.png.b2244df37b617b94e0d055ae62f07b5a.png

Open notes in a separate window and Merge all Windows

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

There are two types of windows; note and note list

Tabs in the note window show the name of the note.

You can't open tabs in a note window. If I have a project, I have a notbook for it. Let's say it has 30 notes. I want wto work on a couple of them at the same time. I therefore want two tabs. I dont want the tabs to be labelled identically! It's STUPID.

I'd just like to add my support for this to be fixed.  I really can't believe this has been left like this for so long – it's such an obvious fault.  I do academic work with evernote, and frequently end up with six or more tabs open at once, all of which normally say "all notes", which is infuriating, and a drain on my workflow.

1 hour ago, leosteeds said:

I'd just like to add my support for this to be fixed.  I really can't believe this has been left like this for so long – it's such an obvious fault.  I do academic work with evernote, and frequently end up with six or more tabs open at once, all of which normally say "all notes", which is infuriating, and a drain on my workflow.

Oh that's no good, you need to try having them as separate windows instead, just double click on the list of notes. I can have two side by side like that. Not for 6 obviously. I have my computer set so if I move the cursor to the corner, all windows are shown. Not as good as a fix, but better that 6 tabs all named the same.

1 hour ago, leosteeds said:

and frequently end up with six or more tabs open at once

Use the note window instead of the notelist window1056775595_ScreenShot2019-02-12at09_27_07.png.b27403bd0ad59b9715d28e7f484606d4.png

41 minutes ago, mrs jones said:

Oh that's no good, you need to try having them as separate windows instead, just double click on the list of notes. I can have two side by side like that.

To merge the windows, select Evernote > Window > Merge All Windows1982414256_ScreenShot2019-02-12at10_03_22.png.7a4a1e59c4148c9be00d86320beb6b02.png

38 minutes ago, DTLow said:

To merge the windows, select Evernote > Window > Merge All Windows1982414256_ScreenShot2019-02-12at10_03_22.png.7a4a1e59c4148c9be00d86320beb6b02.png

38 minutes ago, DTLow said:

OMG you cracked it!

Thanks both.  This might be a useful workaround.  But it doesn't really solve the problem for me.  I like to work quickly, with many tabs open, and I'm frequently changing the content of each one.  Having to open them as windows and then merge each time seems like a very cumbersome and unnecessary blockage in the workflow.  It seems like it should be such a simple fix – especially because this already works in note windows.  Let's hope they manage to sort this soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, leosteeds said:

Thanks both.  This might be a useful workaround.  But it doesn't really solve the problem for me.  I like to work quickly, with many tabs open, and I'm frequently changing the content of each one.  Having to open them as windows and then merge each time seems like a very cumbersome and unnecessary blockage in the workflow.  It seems like it should be such a simple fix – especially because this already works in note windows.  Let's hope they manage to sort this soon.

Well it's not ideal and they should fix it, but as a workaround it's pretty damn good. It only takes a couple of seconds to merge a new window. You could eve make a shortcut for it if you do it a lot.