Convert a note to business card?

HoneyBadger

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, HoneyBadger said:

Hello, some of the business cards my assistant scanned to Evernote were saved as notes, not cards. Can I save the notes as business cards so the text will be recognized without having to delete & rescan? Thanks!

There is no conversion option, you have to rescan

I'd be concerned why the original scan failed to set up a business card.  Can you tell us about your scanning process?

This isn't a plus/premium issue.  I moved the discussion to the General Discussions forum

• Level 5

I haven't tried it very much, but I've found Evernote's automation of business card scanning to be somewhat hit-or-miss. It often has to do with the formatting of the card. If it's portrait rather than landscape, for instance, or has an unusual layout, or is two-sided, there can be issues. IOW, if a business card is designed in any interesting, post-1959 fashion, EN may have problems with it. Again, in my very limited experience.

• Like 1

Would also like this feature (convert a note to a business card). I scanned in a bunch of cards, and a handful of them didn't work. The failed scans were typically one of the following: dark background, low contrast between background and text, rounded corners.

• Like 1

Feature to convert an image or note to a business card would be very useful. I Evernote photoed one and it was a note/image. I printed that, trimmed to the edges of the card image and tried rescanning on different contrasting backgrounds in good lighting. No luck. 

It's almost 2020 and I still have problems with the Android app not recognizing scans as being a business card and now I have tons of images that I would like to have converted to business cards.

• Level 5

Should be / would be / could be ...

There used to be a cooperation between EN and LinkedIn: You scanned a new contact to EN, it would make a call to the LI-profile and copy additional information to EN.

On one side nice. But on the other side clearly critical concerning data privacy / security.

The feature was disabled some time ago.

Personally I use CamCard as my business card scanner. I think a dedicated app works better on that than a multiuse note taking app like EN. Just take - in an international context - the different unwritten rules on how a business card should look, the ways of writing down an address etc. CC let you switch countries before scanning to make up for this.

CamCard has the option to send the scanned cards information right into my address book on my iPhone. Probably there is a ton of similar card scanners for Android as well.