PSCOOL

Tag paragraphs within notes

Idea

I extensively use evernote for both work and non-work related activities. It is a great help in work anything new I learn goes into evernote.

Problem - Now I have so many notes there is a need now to group information without the need to copy and paste data from different notes to create a new one. In short to avoid duplication of information. 

Let me give an e.g.
1. Suppose I have 7 notes containing information on my different projects.Those notes contain some information regarding pricing.
2. I need to some how access the pricing information for all these project quickly.

Workaround -
1. Option 1 - I have to create a new note called "pricing" where I copy and paste pricing information from the 7 notes.
    Drawback - This is not maintainable.    
2. Option 2 - I use html style tag like <PRICING> to cover the paragraph along with the search function to get to what I want.  
    Drawback - This is OK but does not work always.

Right now - I use Option 1    

Is there any solution or can the nice folks in Evernote make this happen in the web version.   

Keep up the good work Evernote team.

Thanks

5 replies to this idea

Hi.  Why not set up a template for your notes so that a section headed "Pricing" is always in one predictable location.  On some notes it may be blank,  on others it will be populated.  Where you have comments in that section,  add a tag <pricing> to the note.  You could use the same system for other information that may be present in some notes but not in others.

As an alternative,  use highlighting - show the section with pricing information in a particular colour.so it can be picked out easily.

7 hours ago, PSCOOL said:

<PRICING>

I also use keywords for searching within notes

You might want to be careful with special characters; they are dropped for searches

<Keyword_PRICING> works better

Might I suggest Note Links creating like a table of contents or index to the other notes.  I use this all the time for things like tax time. I have a Tax Time Checklist for every year and all of the entries in that checklist are note links to the specific documents (W-2, 1099, etc.).

On 18/02/2017 at 7:52 PM, righteousdork said:

Might I suggest Note Links creating like a table of contents or index to the other notes.  I use this all the time for things like tax time. I have a Tax Time Checklist for every year and all of the entries in that checklist are note links to the specific documents (W-2, 1099, etc.).

How to create a table of contents with links to other notes

This is a feature in Microsoft OneNote. Wish Evernote would implement it.