• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
fhapgood

Conflicting Modifications

7 posts in this topic

I hate these.  Is there a help page anywhere that tells me how to avoid them?

I dont think I understand the core idea.  I would think that if you have devices A, B, and C, and B and C require manual updating, and you

make a change on B but forget to update, and then make another change on C and do update,  the change you made on B would appear

as a conflicting modification on C.  But it doesn't seem to work that way.  The whole process confuses me...

Fred Hapgood

17 hours ago, fhapgood said:

I hate these.  Is there a help page anywhere that tells me how to avoid them?

I dont think I understand the core idea.  I would think that if you have devices A, B, and C, and B and C require manual updating, and you

make a change on B but forget to update, and then make another change on C and do update,  the change you made on B would appear

as a conflicting modification on C.  But it doesn't seem to work that way.  The whole process confuses me...

Fred Hapgood

Clean up all of your conflicts first.  Then, best advice is to be sure and sync whenever you enter or leave an EN client.  And if you have been doing work offline, be sure and sync that device before you use another.  

I think I do this. But I will try harder.

Is there a web page anywhere on the EN site that addresses conflicting modifications? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Best bet is to search the forum for conflicting changes.  I don't know if there is an official EN statement re how to address.  Sorry.  

A whole lot better than nothing, though.  Thanks!