importing contacts from an iPhone

Hi again,

wondering if there is a way to import contacts from my iPhone into Evernote as individual notes. My phone contacts are uploaded automatically to iCloud, so I guess my question is also canI import contacts from ICloud?

I've set up a large database in Evernote which I'm liking a lot. Want to incorporate my iPhone contacts then discontinue contacts in the phone and other iOS devices.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tombran44 said:

wondering if there is a way to import contacts from my iPhone into Evernote as individual notes. My phone contacts are uploaded automatically to iCloud, so I guess my question is also canI import contacts from ICloud?

You're very limited as to what you can do on an iPhone.  Do you have access to any other platforms.

Even Contacts on the iCloud website allows export of the contact information as vCards.  Unfortunately it is a single file, but I could work with that.

How do you want this information to appear in Evernote; currently the contact information exports as 
     BEGIN:VCARD
     VERSION:3.0
     PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iPhone OS 10.2.1//EN
     N:Xxxx,xxxxc;;;
     FN: Xxxxxxxxxc
     TEL;type=OTHER;type=VOICE;type=pref:(nnn) nnn-nnnn
     TEL;type=HOME;type=VOICE:(nnn) nnn-nnnn
     ADR;type=HOME;type=pref:;;nnn Xxxxcccc Cr;Xxxccc;On;L6X 2V1;
     END:VCARD

If you do manage to export your of your contacts, you can PM me the file and I'll PM back with your notes.  I would be using Applescript on my Mac

• 4 months later...

Archived