Business card scan - Save contacts

Majortom

Idea

Hello there 

Among the numerous useful features that vanished with this "upgrade" to 8.0 version, I just found that i cannot manually upload the details of a business card to my contacts. Running on latest iOS and iPhone 6

Tassos

9 replies to this idea

The latest version is close to useless with the following 2 functions removed:

1. Save to Contacts
  2. Scanning of both sides of card

Totally baffled by how they came to such product design decision.  Can't believe they would do such a thing to one of the Premium features:  Scanning and Digitizing Business Cards.

It is getting better and better with EN that useful features are taken out - without any excuse - and they don't give a damn about what users say here. April is the time to renew my subscription, which I will not and I will move to a normal membership. Why pay for?

I have two new business cards in front of me from a trip that I am just coming off and I'll be damned to put them in EN where they won't be synced with my iPhone contacts.

I missed an important call last week because I had a card scanned in EN but not synced in my contacts. My phone didn't identify the caller,  I let it go because I was busy, found out later I should have taken the call. I drove across town with my kids to find out their appointment had been cancelled. 

When I thought: 'Hey, if EN would just sync this information instead of _trapping_ it in EN this would not have happened." I feel this is a deliberate choice for EN to force me to use there app more- "Scan your cards they'll always be in EN - yah!". But the result is an incomplete loop of information. CONTACTS ARE MENT TO BE USED BY YOUR PHONE'S OPERATING SYSTEM. I am now making a deliberate choice to not use EN for keeping contact cards. Moveover, I'm pissed that I wasted half a day because of this incomplete feature. I no longer trust EN to manage my contacts because it only takes a picture of the card and contains the info **selfishly** in their own app. 

I feel like I am sticking with EN out sunk cost and Stockholm syndrome. It's a terrible feeling. 

I think I took the time to write this rant to convince me that my relationship with this service isn't working for me anymore. I have to find something better.

Em 06/11/2017 at 16:37, notedknotted disse:

I have two new business cards in front of me from a trip that I am just coming off and I'll be damned to put them in EN where they won't be synced with my iPhone contacts.

I missed an important call last week because I had a card scanned in EN but not synced in my contacts. My phone didn't identify the caller,  I let it go because I was busy, found out later I should have taken the call. I drove across town with my kids to find out their appointment had been cancelled. 

When I thought: 'Hey, if EN would just sync this information instead of _trapping_ it in EN this would not have happened." I feel this is a deliberate choice for EN to force me to use there app more- "Scan your cards they'll always be in EN - yah!". But the result is an incomplete loop of information. CONTACTS ARE MENT TO BE USED BY YOUR PHONE'S OPERATING SYSTEM. I am now making a deliberate choice to not use EN for keeping contact cards. Moveover, I'm pissed that I wasted half a day because of this incomplete feature. I no longer trust EN to manage my contacts because it only takes a picture of the card and contains the info **selfishly** in their own app. 

I feel like I am sticking with EN out sunk cost and Stockholm syndrome. It's a terrible feeling. 

I think I took the time to write this rant to convince me that my relationship with this service isn't working for me anymore. I have to find something better.

I use Scannable to import business contacts. After the scan, it asks me if I want to save the contact on my iPhone.

• Level 5*
On 2017-11-06 at 10:37 AM, notedknotted said:

if EN would just sync this information

Its not a feature I use but there's a contacts option in the Evernote's Scannable settingsIMG_1927.thumb.png.4332e070f2a3596f50d6deb4a6d04bf4.png

Thanks for bringing this up, I am also having the same issue and even putting the save contact information on the settings does not work, I also will be getting rid of my premium.  Evernote has continually gotten worse not better. 

I can see as a GREAT upgrade: include the ability to save and EXISTING contact to your contacts, not just when you are creating one. This feature exists on the Mac Desktop app. Since the data is already separated in their corresponding fields, and they already have the code to save the info to contacts, it does not seem hard to implement this on the IOS and Android.

Saving to Contacts only works once you go into each business card one by one to ensure the data was scanned properly. You should get an automatic tab appearing on the top saying Contact Saved. 

Archived