Sorting Notebooks equal on all clients!

Fijordan

Idea

Hello community.

I just love evernote. I use it heavily for work and home office. Since I use a Mac hat home and an iphone, but at work a windows machine + an android phone I have to use all of the evernote clients. And frankly, some of their inconsistencies just drive me nuts.

Used to always have your "_Inbox" on top of all other notebooks. No problem! BUT: Only with Evernote for mac. Evernote for windows however sorts it somewhere in the middle of my notebooks which is really weird. I also can not rearrange them.

The quick access area? Windows: On top of the sidebar, ios: able to rearrange (yaay!), android: 5th item from the top. Why is that? Why can't you please just make the sorting order even for all clients?! My productivity is often times soslowed down because I don't find what I'm looking for as quickly as possible. And sometimes I am just getting angry at evernote.

Taking out my ios phone, switching to android, using mac, using windows. Everything is in another spot. Nothing is where I would expect it!

So please be so kind and make it manually sortable for every client, or make it sorted equally on all clients out of the box.

I just want: The quick access / favorites bar on top. Notebooks section next, Notes coming next..
and then under Notebooks I'd love to just have "_Inbox" on top and then my subsequent folders. All in the same order. Everywhere. This is what I would expect from a system that thurough and smooth.
I really do love evernote, but this just drives me nuts. :(

5 replies to this idea

I do find that the differences between clients is a big problem, and the fact that every client is different is really annoying. I'd love to see the looks of the clients made all the same, and the workings too. Todoist is a great one for that - everything is unified.

I get this problem too, and I'd love to see it fixed. I really enjoy using EN too, but this is a little annoying.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-13 at 5:55 AM, Fijordan said:

Evernote for windows however sorts it somewhere in the middle of my notebooks which is really weird.

Its been reported that Evernote for Windows has a bug in that the notebooks won't sort intil the application is exited, and then restarted
Don't just click the X and  close the window
      edited: the point is to close the app, File - Exit
Or better yet, reboot your device

Interesting. Very interesting. I discovered that sorting in my windows app is above that behaving kind of odd. I renamed "_Inbox", created a new one with the same name, resorted it and it gets sorted somewhere totally else than the one before.

So, Evernote, I figure if sorting via a bug can be different than usual, it could be different on intention as well. So please intend!

@DTLow what do you mean by pressing the "x", not just closing the window? Is that not the same in Windows?
I tried to do this a couple of times with no success. Things did not change. :/ But maybe I am expecting "_inbox" to be on top, which entirely is not possible on windows.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Fijordan said:

what do you mean by pressing the "x", not just closing the window? Is that not the same in Windows?

Sorry, I'm not a Windows user, someone else will have to provide more details.

The point was to shut down and restart the app

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Fijordan said:

Interesting. Very interesting. I discovered that sorting in my windows app is above that behaving kind of odd. I renamed "_Inbox", created a new one with the same name, resorted it and it gets sorted somewhere totally else than the one before.

So, Evernote, I figure if sorting via a bug can be different than usual, it could be different on intention as well. So please intend!

@DTLow what do you mean by pressing the "x", not just closing the window? Is that not the same in Windows?
I tried to do this a couple of times with no success. Things did not change. :/ But maybe I am expecting "_inbox" to be on top, which entirely is not possible on windows.

To get the notebook sort to take after changes, you need to File - Exit and then restart EN.

Archived