UNABLE TO ACCESS WEB VERSION IN CHROME

I have been using the web interface with CHROME. As of today, I can no longer get past my login. When I try to log in in goes to blank screen. I am able to sign in with Firefox & Safari (on MAC). From Evernote.com, go to "sign in" from upper right, and goes to blank page. I am able to sign-in on this Forum page, but not Evernote. I restarted Mac, cleared cookies and same thing is happening. From the attached picture in Chrome - just goes to blank screen.The links & bookmarks that I have take me to same blank screen. -lastest MAC 0S: 10.12.3and latest CHROME: Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

HELP ??

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.04.38 PM.png

Exactly the same thing for me. Using latest version of Chrome browser & MacOS Sierra. Tried to uninstall and install web clipper again, but no change. It works on my other Google account, but I guess only because I'm still logged in there. 

Very annoying, as I use the web clipper quite frequently.

But I tried to sign into my Evernote account with Chrome, and that gives me the same blank window.

The Chrome problem happened a few days ago as we;;, it was out for a very long time, then we were told to use Firefox - not an option with a Chromebook! Even then, Firefox was not working perfectly

Now there are Chrome problems again, and once again, there's no announcement about it and people are upset and frustrated and don't know what to do.

Why on earth would Evernote choose to treat their customers this way?  If you know something is out, if you are working on something that will cause an outage - even if it's just with one browser (not technically and outage, but it feels that way to users) LET US KNOW!!!!!  Tell us how long it will take to fix the problem. 

I have been with you for 8 years and have paid for the service all of that time - including the recent price increases I depend on Evernote just as much as I depend on my computer. Now it appears that we may have to break up - please don't send me to One Note, I cannot believe a MS product could be better than any other product, but that's why I keep reading in the Evernote to OneNote comparisons. 

Exactly the same thing for me. Using latest version of Chrome browser & MacOS Sierra. Tried to uninstall and install web clipper again, but no change. 

It works on my other Google account, but I guess only because I'm still logged in there. 

Very annoying, as I use the web clipper quite frequently.

UPDATE: today (Febr. 14th) I am able to login again. 

I have problems logging in to the evernote site. I have a multiboot system - Ubuntu and ubuntu-based distros, Arch, Solus, KaOS, along with my Windows 10 partition - and I rarely succeed entering my evernote account. The problem affects randomly browsers like firefox, chromium, epiphany, or whatever and it's getting worse. These days I could log in after 7-8 attempts, but since yesterday I definitely cannot log in, whatever I try. In the mean time, I don't have any problem in Windows.

• Level 5*

Chrome and the web client both recently had issues,  as you may tell from other forum posts.  Unless some other Ubuntu user can help you from their experience however there's nothing much I can suggest other than system restarts and cache clearing.  The Windows option - that you say you're not having issues with - is the only bit of this that's supported...  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, capabomba said:

Same here. The webclient on latest version of Chrome (Windows 7) is loading infinitely after log in. I'm forced to use Firefox. Please, fix this :(

There was a major web outage yesterday that caused worldwide issues - I'm having no current problems with Win 10;  have you tried again?  (You may have to clear the cache)

• 3 months later...

I'm having problems logging in to my Evernote account using the Chrome browser. The previous messages in this thread date back to March 2017 but the same problems seem to have appeared again recently (June 2017). The Evernote login page is blank. Is Evernote on Chrome broken again? Thanks.

13 hours ago, mmhil said:

I'm having problems logging in to my Evernote account using the Chrome browser. The previous messages in this thread date back to March 2017 but the same problems seem to have appeared again recently (June 2017). The Evernote login page is blank. Is Evernote on Chrome broken again? Thanks.

I'm still having troubles as well but I finally found a workaround with Chrome. When I log into Evernote and get a blank page (99% of the times), I open another instance of Evernote in another tab. This somehow unlock the other tab and Evernote gets loaded as it should. Everytime something is not working properly, I repeat this procedure. It's like this trick is re-activating the stream of data that somehow gets blocked.

Let me know if this works for you as well.

11 hours ago, capabomba said:

I'm still having troubles as well but I finally found a workaround with Chrome. When I log into Evernote and get a blank page (99% of the times), I open another instance of Evernote in another tab. This somehow unlock the other tab and Evernote gets loaded as it should. Everytime something is not working properly, I repeat this procedure. It's like this trick is re-activating the stream of data that somehow gets blocked.

Thanks for your suggestion, capabomba. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I've opened several new instances of Evernote but each new tab remains hopelessly blank. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mmhil said:

Thanks for your suggestion, capabomba. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I've opened several new instances of Evernote but each new tab remains hopelessly blank. 

Hi.  Just to confirm,  what's your OS?  And have you tried a different browser to verify this is a purely Chrome issue?

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Just to confirm,  what's your OS?  And have you tried a different browser to verify this is a purely Chrome issue?

I had the same problem using Chrome on a desktop iwth Ubuntu 16.04 and a Macbook Pro with MacOS 10.10.  No problem with Firefox on Ubuntu and with Safari (or the EN app) on MacOS, so the problem must be specific to Evernote on Chrome. Thanks for your help!

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, mmhil said:

I had the same problem using Chrome on a desktop iwth Ubuntu 16.04 and a Macbook Pro with MacOS 10.10.  No problem with Firefox on Ubuntu and with Safari (or the EN app) on MacOS, so the problem must be specific to Evernote on Chrome. Thanks for your help!

No problem. 

@both...

Could it be that Chrome has an extension that is clashing with Evernote somehow?  Is it practical to go through and disable / remove all extensions to see whether the experience improves?

34 minutes ago, gazumped said:

No problem. 

@both...

Could it be that Chrome has an extension that is clashing with Evernote somehow?  Is it practical to go through and disable / remove all extensions to see whether the experience improves?

Almost all of my extensions have been there before my problems with Evernote started. The only extension I added recently was TooManyTabs so that must be the only potential culprit. I disabled and even removed it completely, but the Evernote problem persists. 

• 2 months later...
Em 12/02/2017 at 02:26, ccgr33n disse:

I have been using the web interface with CHROME. As of today, I can no longer get past my login. When I try to log in in goes to blank screen. I am able to sign in with Firefox & Safari (on MAC). From Evernote.com, go to "sign in" from upper right, and goes to blank page. I am able to sign-in on this Forum page, but not Evernote. I restarted Mac, cleared cookies and same thing is happening. From the attached picture in Chrome - just goes to blank screen.The links & bookmarks that I have take me to same blank screen. -lastest MAC 0S: 10.12.3and latest CHROME: Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

HELP ??

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.04.38 PM.png

I have same problem here with chrome. Windows 10.

On 6/14/2017 at 3:35 PM, capabomba said:

Works for me - the only thing that has worked!!!  Thanks so much.

• 9 months later...

I'm on windows 10 and Version 67 of Chrome. Still having same problems. No notes showed with Chrome, everything clear on other Browser (Firefox and also edge, just tried)

Do we really have to just wait? It is like this from months..

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 3:35 PM, capabomba said:

I tried this, but it did not work

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It"s defenitly COOKIE Problem.
If third party cookies are by Browser/AddBlocker blocked, so you get the problems.

I solved the problem as shown below;

P.S: The technic for the solution comes from "todoist" suggestion.

This error message means that your browser couldn’t create a secure cookie, or couldn’t access that cookie to authorize your login. This can be caused by ad- or script-blocking plugins, but also by the browser itself if it's not allowed to set cookies.

To address this issue, follow these steps.

Chrome

1. Open Chrome Settings.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced.
  3. In the Privacy and security section, click the Content Settings button.
  4. Click on Cookies.
  5. Next to Allow, click Add.
    1. Type [*.]evernote.com and click Add.
    2. Then type [*.]cloudfront.net and click Add.
  6. Under All cookies and site data, search for todoist, and delete all evernote-related entries.
  7. Reload Chrome and log into evernote.

Firefox

1. Open the Firefox Options menu.
  2. On the left, select Privacy & Security.
  3. Under Cookies and Site Data click the Exceptions button.
    1. Type https://evernote.com and click Allow.
    2. Then type https://cloudfront.net and click Allow.
  4. Click Save Changes.
  5. Next, click on the Manage Data… button.
  6. Search for "evernote" and select Remove All Shown.
  7. Click Save Changes and confirm in the pop-up window by clicking Remove.
  8. Reload Firefox and log into evernote.
Note

If this alone won't help, please go to Cookies and Site Data, and set “Accept third-party cookies and site data” to either "From Visited" or "Always".

Safari

1. Open Safari Preferences from the drop-down menu in the navigation bar or by typing Cmd + , (⌘,).
  2. Click the Privacy tab and make sure that "Cookies and website data" is set to either "Always allow" or "Allow from websites I visit".
  3. Click on the Manage Website Data button to see all locally stored website data.
  4. Search for “evernote” and remove all evernote-related entries.
  5. Reload Safari and log into evernote.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...