Match any substring when adding tag to a note

vpopov

Idea

When I try to add a tag to a note either with the F3 or ctrl+alt+T command, when I start typing it only displays existing tags that start with the string I typed. In previous versions it also matched any tag that contains the substring anywhere. This is also how the quick search functions. Gmail labels also work that way, and it's extremely more efficient. Is there a way to return this functionality?

4 replies to this idea

Hello
I researched the forum because I think exactly the same as you.

I do not understand if the feature was present in the later releases why have it removed? O_O '

I would even go beyond:
When we want to add a tag to our notes we must obligatorily type exactly each character of the latter and do not forget one.
--------------Example--------------
For the tag "1.1- Next Actions"
We are obliged to type the numbers "1.1-"
----------------------------------------

--------------- Solutions ----------------------------
1-
The best solution to deploy is to allow the recognition of the tag that we want to add even if we do not want to type the first character that composes it
To be able to add the tag "1.1- Next Actions" by simply typing "next" or "next action" and Evernote would detect that we are talking about the tag "1.1- Next Actions".

2-
Allow us to decide the location of the labels manually rather than necessarily in alphabetical order by obliging us to create systems composed of numberings
1.1- Waiting
2.1- Now
2.2 Next Actions

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Aedenn said:

Hello
I researched the forum because I think exactly the same as you.

I do not understand if the feature was present in the later releases why have it removed? O_O '

I would even go beyond:
When we want to add a tag to our notes we must obligatorily type exactly each character of the latter and do not forget one.
For the tag "1.1- Next Actions"
We are obliged to type the numbers "1.1-"

--------------- Solutions ----------------------------
1-
The best solution to deploy is to allow the recognition of the tag that we want to add even if we do not want to type the first character that composes it
To be able to add the tag "1.1- Next Actions" by simply typing "next" or "next action" and Evernote would detect that we are talking about the tag "1.1- Next Actions".

2-
Allow us to decide the location of the labels manually rather than necessarily in alphabetical order by obliging us to create systems composed of numberings
1.1- Waiting
2.1- Now
2.2 Next Actions

When was this present do you mean? I've been asking for this for 7 years..

Archived