Introducing 'Templates' for Evernote Read more... ×
Notebook Limit Increase Read more... ×
bryan_fink

Changing Font size in left panel and note list

The font size for all the notebooks and notes in the left panel are too small to comfortably see.  The same is the case for items in the note list.  I know how to change the font for the content in each individual note but can't figure out how to do it in these other instances.  I am running on a HP Windows 10 and have the Evernote Plus subscription.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thank you.

• Like 3

If you go into your windows 10 display settings there should be a lever which you can drag to zoom the size apps are displayed on your machine.

I do not know of any setting inside the app itself that would let you change the font size of the left and middle pane.

4 hours ago, bryan_fink said:

Thank you Eric.  I will use that tool until evernote comes up with an option.

I believe there should definitely be an option to change UI settings. You are the second person in four days I am having this conversation with. 

On 2/10/2017 at 3:37 AM, EnricoNahler said:

I believe there should definitely be an option to change UI settings. You are the second person in four days I am having this conversation with. 

Absolutely! I also need the font size in the left panel (note list in particular) to be larger. I do not want to set the overall Windows font size to be any larger. Evernote needs to have this option.

Hi, I would like to add my voice to the calls for the function to increase the font size in the note list titles. I find them too small at present for comfortable use. 

Thanks 

gaudichaudi

Overall I think people want more customization to their Evernote and want to make it look the way that works for them. Different size fonts, different layouts for ShortCuts, or note views, more color options etc. I am all for it as well. I use it all day long and it is the app that I spent the most hours according to RescueTime everyday. 

Thus, I want it to feel, look the way I like it.

Of course, with a lot of customization options, comes a lot of problems for the developers and for the users. I would trust the Evernote team to walk that fine line nicely.

Same issue.  It seems to have been discussed for years on both mac and pc.  Devs must not understand that people over 40 use this app.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is one of the obvious improvements that gets pushed aside for new "features." It's too bad, because it is a fundamental usability failure.

I'm new to Evernote...well, back to Evernote having used OneNote for years.  Why?  The simplicity of PDF OCR and notes searchability.  Why might I switch back?  Your menu sizes are too small and uncustomizable.  It's great to have the Note itself respond to the scroll wheel, but the sidebar and editing icons are minuscule...so much so that I showed the interface to 2 colleagues and a UI/UX researcher who, without knowing/using Evernote, swore up-and-down that I was missing some obvious customization command because "there's no way anyone would design display fonts so small, as a default."  I see this string has comments dating over 5 years.  I run a software company so if you're not going to make this change due to some UI/UX philosophy, please share it so we can all make our decisions accordingly.  If you are planning to address, please share that as well.

Love your product but like others have noted, this 'display font size inflexibility' and display default font size is too small and really kills the user experience of the product.  I've gone from being excited within each note to dreading any task that involves formatting of a note or accessing/navigating notebooks in the uncustomizable left pane.  

Please let us know your thoughts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cash_Boston said:

Your menu sizes are too small and uncustomizable

Unfortunately, there aren't many customization options at this time when it comes to stuff like that. I would love to see more options to customize the left panel for sure. Icons, colors, text sizes etc. 

+1 for the over-40 crew that struggles with the UI.  As a practical matter, I'll need to start managing my notes in sublime-text where I can modify anything in the UI I want and just sync the notes across machines with google-drive.  Even as I write this I'm wondering what keeps me in evernote.  I'm sure after a long think I'll come up with something, but if I can't read Evernote and I can read Sublime-text in whatever font and size I like, well there isn't much thinking to do.