Is it possible to use Evernote without the full database on disk ?

Hello,

I use Evernote on all my devices and I love it.

The problem is on one of my Windows computers, the hard drive is really small and Evernote takes a big amount of space (around 12GB).

I would like to have on this computer what I would call an offline version of Evernote, saving to disk only the notes I have accessed or created on this laptop. Maybe I would have all the titles but only the content of specific notes. (I have many notes containing photos or videos and I don't need them anytime)

Is it possible to select what will be in the database file of one computer ?

Thanks

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Fred V. said:

Is it possible to select what will be in the database file of one computer ?

Currently by design the Mac/Widows platforms maintain a full copy of the database on the device.  

The mobile platforms have the "offline" feature to select notebooks to be downloaded

There are existing requests to extend this Selective Offline feature to Mac/Windows, but so far Evernote has not indicated any interest in implementing the feature.

• Level 5*

For the record,  you could either use the web version exclusively by signing in via Evernote.com,  or you could set up a new free account with (by definition) an 'empty' database,  and share one or more selected notebooks to it from your main account.

Archived