Setting up Business account from already paid Personal Premium account

Hello,

I am looking to set up a business account and I have already paid for a year of the Personal Premium. It is saying on the registration page that I have to pay for the 3 seats I need and it doesn't appear to be taking into account I already have a paid account.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

Hi. We're a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so no access to money and payment issues.  As a premium subscriber you have access to contact support directly if you want,  or chat with them (same link) or message them on Twitter.  If you do so and get a ticket number for your query,  please post the number here.

Business accounts have a personal account for each colleague,  as well as a central account that's 'owned' by the business.  If you already have a personal account it is possible (I think) to merge it into the business account,  but you might also wish to keep it going separately from the business and use a separate,  second personal account connected to the business account.  Evernote won't make that call for you on the registration page.  Evernote employee @amanda_h often gets involved with payment queries on here - if you give it a day or two she may be able to advise you better than I.

18 hours ago, Aliviel said:

Hello,

I am looking to set up a business account and I have already paid for a year of the Personal Premium. It is saying on the registration page that I have to pay for the 3 seats I need and it doesn't appear to be taking into account I already have a paid account.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @Aliviel - The Premium subscription doesn't count towards the cost of the Business subscription. When a Premium account with more than one month remaining on it is upgraded to Business, you'll receive an email containing an activation link with the remainder of the Premium. It looks like that email was sent to you yesterday morning (February 8th).

• 1 month later...

I am considering upgrading from Premium to Business but cannot figure out what the benefit would be for a very small business (now only 3) over simply sharing notebooks with others who have Evernote basic?  

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Hogfish said:

I am considering upgrading from Premium to Business but cannot figure out what the benefit would be for a very small business (now only 3) over simply sharing notebooks with others who have Evernote basic?  

I don't see any benefit at all unless you wish to save considerably more data to Evernote than you are currently able to,  or you're looking to cover a scale-up to 10 or more staff in the reasonably near future.  The features are identical as far as each user is concerned,  but you will have to be (or apppoint) an administrator who will manage the account's permissions,  deal with any problems,  and have access to manage all your content (for if you're not available.) 

Your colleagues will have to get used to another sign-in and some slight differences in appearance and processes.  If the system you have is working,  don't look for any fixes!  (Old IT saying...)

• 1 year later...
On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:20, Hogfish dijo:

It´s possible to have benefits either your team is small and it depends on the kind of work, the number of tasks and information you manage every day.

In business, you will have spaces, something similar to folders but, I think that it´s better to work in a team, even a small team with spaces. 

If someone of the team deletes something, you will have the recycle bin. (I´ve lost share folders that never appear again).

Sometimes you need to change devices, from one PC to another, so your employee will need the password if you are working with premium and, tomorrow he or she could steal information. 

There are just examples, I hope that helps you to take your choice. 

Gustavo

• 1 month later...

Spaces has a huge problem, its inability to cater to sales teams with sharing proposals outside of spaces etc. The per user cost is also a dead end, and the oddity of having to literally log out/in your premium account to access spaces to me is just a very convoluted process. Spaces should be a collaborative space that can be used to run a team operation in a unlocked "space" in EN not be so sectioned off into literally another log in. 

I think they missed the boat on what people wanted. Unless your business doesn't reach out to anyone but those in spaces, kinda seems too introverted. 

Archived