Can't see Notes in a Stack on Computer but Visible on iPhone

TD

I've been using Evernote for a few years now and have saved a lot of recipes within stacks. I use most of them a lot but within the past week, I've noticed that when I try to access the files on my PC, they disappear. I know they are still there as I can view and access them fine on my iPhone. For some reason, the computer version makes the second half of all my files disappear as I try to access them.

Has anyone come across this issue? Is there a fix for it?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, TD said:

when I try to access the files on my PC, they disappear.

I don't spend much time troubleshooting my devices.  The master version of my notes is on the Evernote servers.

My process would be:

1. Reboot my device.  This solves many problems.
  2. Delete the app and database.  Reinstall and the app will rebuild the database from the servers

warning: The database rebuild will not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

To do a clean delete of the app and database, a third party app can be used. AppCleaner is recommended for Macs

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, TD said:

The app works fine. It's accessing while on the web that the files temporarily disappear.

Sorry, I can't help in web problems

I'm curious as to why you aren't using the client software on your PC
There are good reasons, but most users aren't satisfied with the Web platform 

My Evernote acct is personal so IT won't allow me to download. Another reason is because I am on the free acct. I can only allow access to two devices. It was easier to access via the web.

• 10 months later...
On 09/02/2017 at 12:47 AM, JohnLongney said:

@TD What you are experiencing is known to Evernote and they are hoping to resolve the problem in the near future.

If I go for an upgrade version (Evernote plus), does that sync feature will works? 

At this moment in time, I have two devices with Evernote. One iPad Air2 and one Samsung Tab S 10,5, but I’m totally unable to sync and find quick notes (from my broken LCD Samsung) or simple text notes (from one device to another), all I see it’s one unusable note from a book note, but nothing about quick text notes. 

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Loom said:

If I go for an upgrade version (Evernote plus), does that sync feature will works? 

At this moment in time, I have two devices with Evernote. One iPad Air2 and one Samsung Tab S 10,5, but I’m totally unable to sync and find quick notes (from my broken LCD Samsung) or simple text notes (from one device to another), all I see it’s one unusable note from a book note, but nothing about quick text notes. 

I'm having no problem with the sync feature
Upgrading your account will not improve the sync, other than allowing more than two simultaneous devices

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2017 at 7:06 PM, DTLow said:

I'm having no problem with the sync feature
Upgrading your account will not improve the sync, other than allowing more than two simultaneous devices

You right, I just experienced that, since I can use a broken (but not so, because the LCD and touch screen was functional) and attached to my broken tablet (instead his totally broken screen) then to resurect all my datas from the ...twilight zone.... So I immediately sync to make an update of the data on the Evernote server, but unfortunately, that dosen't works. So I choosed by a PC to access by Evernote-web server, and no more success by this interface: empty, except one note (what proves it was working one time earlier in 2017) 

It's an happy end for me since I can save months of works, but what a shame for the Evernote app (sorry) what pretend to offer a sync function, maybe usable, but working under so many conditions to do it (afaik I can't make that stuff working right, but yes, I come from Macintosh world what is much more intuitive and friendly). Result is, if I can't get another screen, all my data was lost for ever, and the 'Evernote contract' of synchronization was not done.

• Level 5*
On 1/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, Loom said:

You right, I just experienced that, since I can use a broken (but not so, because the LCD and touch screen was functional) and attached to my broken tablet (instead his totally broken screen) then to resurect all my datas from the ...twilight zone.... So I immediately sync to make an update of the data on the Evernote server, but unfortunately, that dosen't works. So I choosed by a PC to access by Evernote-web server, and no more success by this interface: empty, except one note (what proves it was working one time earlier in 2017) 

It's an happy end for me since I can save months of works, but what a shame for the Evernote app (sorry) what pretend to offer a sync function, maybe usable, but working under so many conditions to do it (afaik I can't make that stuff working right, but yes, I come from Macintosh world what is much more intuitive and friendly). Result is, if I can't get another screen, all my data was lost for ever, and the 'Evernote contract' of synchronization was not done.

Be sure you were signing in with the right username and password.  It is easy to accidentally create a second account with Evernote.

Thanks for your hypothesis.

But I have the same account on every devices, with the same name and same account, so I sign in with the right (and the only) one! Some several raisons for that:

— my process to dedicate PW avoid that kind of mistake (I don't want to say more)

— the sync function worked one time (& not with the last texts) it means that I got only one text appearing on every devices when syncing, that is the proof that it worked one time, at least !

But if refresh the sync function with a new text note, when syncing again, nothing new appear anymore (except the first text).

— on the list of dedicated selected devices, I can see and managing the names of these devices — removing or adding on the fly, no problem — if I had two accounts, that tell to me this manipulation should be not possible.

Btw the app reacted correctly on all that.

Have a nice day.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Loom said:

Thanks for your hypothesis.

But I have the same account on every devices, with the same name and same account, so I sign in with the right (and the only) one! Some several raisons for that:

— my process to dedicate PW avoid that kind of mistake (I don't want to say more)

— the sync function worked one time (& not with the last texts) it means that I got only one text appearing on every devices when syncing, that is the proof that it worked one time, at least !

But if refresh the sync function with a new text note, when syncing again, nothing new appear anymore (except the first text).

— on the list of dedicated selected devices, I can see and managing the names of these devices — removing or adding on the fly, no problem — if I had two accounts, that tell to me this manipulation should be not possible.

Btw the app reacted correctly on all that.

Have a nice day.

Okay.  Whatever is on the web server is what should be on your devices.  If your are missing notes the only options are that the notes were deleted, check the trash, or the notes are in a different accidental account.  Since you are sure it is the right account it only leaves deletion.  It could be for sure, but there aren't many reports of EN deleting notes will nilly.  You could contact EN support.

Archived