Trowser

Organization of notebooks

Is there a way to reorganize my notebooks?  I have 15-20 notebooks that are alphabetized, but I would like to move them around manually into the order that is most helpful for me.

15 minutes ago, Trowser said:

Is there a way to reorganize my notebooks?  I have 15-20 notebooks that are alphabetized, but I would like to move them around manually into the order that is most helpful for me.

You might look at using Stacks to group your Notebooks.  

The only other way to "move them around" is to add a prefix to adjust the alphabetical order; for example "-Notebook" sorts to the top

Special character sort sequence is ! # % * . @ ^ _ + = and .  But I wouldn't use # * or @ since they are used when forwarding emails.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have notebooks that are titled by store number, then opening date.  I want them sorted by opening date, because that is the order I work them.  Sorting by date doesn't seem to work that well, though.

Thanks again for your assistance.

40 minutes ago, Trowser said:

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have notebooks that are titled by store number, then opening date.  I want them sorted by opening date, because that is the order I work them.  Sorting by date doesn't seem to work that well, though.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Alternate idea - use the shortcut area