Receiving Work Chats but not Receiving them

Hello! I recently joined Evernote for the sole purpose of communicating with my school via work chat through Evernote. Ever since I joined a week or so back I have not been able to send work chats but I have been able to receive them. I have tried using the android app, the internet on my phone and an actual computer. None of these things have worked and have all appeared with the same error: message cannot be sent.

I really need this to be able to communicate with my class. Can anyone help?

Thank you for your time.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Since Work Chat is a way to send messages to others' email addresses and  a possible spamming tool,  Evernote take a little while to activate the 'send' feature in Work Chat.  Give it 24 hours and normal service should begin...

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, James_Word said:

She can receive my chat messages but cannot send.

What sort of an error does your fiancé get to indicate that the sent message has failed?

Has she sent messages that you haven't received?  Have you checked your spam folder? 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, gazumped said:

What sort of an error does your fiancé get to indicate that the sent message has failed?

Has she sent messages that you haven't received?  Have you checked your spam folder? 

I posted a screenshot of a test between the two on my first post. She can receive but not send. It will not allow her to send it, simply says "Message cannot be sent." when she is replying in chat to the message I sent her. 

• Level 5*

Is she a recent new user?  I do know that Evernote were worried about the spamming potential of the chat service and included a delay on new accounts being able to send.  A restart / retry might work if it's been a few days since the account was set up...

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Is she a recent new user?  I do know that Evernote were worried about the spamming potential of the chat service and included a delay on new accounts being able to send.  A restart / retry might work if it's been a few days since the account was set up...

As I said before, both of our accounts are several months old. 

• Level 5*

Sorry - drive-by teching;  can your fiancé send a share to anyone?  Is there another friendly email address you could try just to see if the email goes out?  The process is supposed to be fairly seamless,  so it's hard to find a point of potential failure...

You've presumably gathered that this is a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so while we can give some tech help and advice we don't have any under the hood access. 

I'd suggest you reach out to Support directly if either of you are paying customers on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived