View and sort Notes by TYPE and VISUALLY by COLOUR CODE

psketcher

Idea

Hello,

Wouldn't it be great if you could view your notes by the TYPE of clipping they are?

Bookmark / Article / etc etc

Please can we have more VISUAL WAYS to categorise our notes, too, not just tagging. Surely I am not the only visually organised person here.

What else is possible?!

Thanks!

Petek

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, psketcher said:

Wouldn't it be great if you could view your notes by the TYPE of clipping they are?

You posted in the Android forum but it's a good idea across platforms

I could do this on my Mac; I'm already scripting based on note types
Except Evernote doesn't have colour options for note titles

The best I can do is add emoji to my titles (:)??)

I'd love to colour code the actual Notebooks and Notes differently  (not just the text in them - which I do use)

For someone visually minded, it's great to have a second tier of visually organising and archiving content. As it is, Evernote is not oversee-able enough, once you've generated loads of content. It needs to be visually instantly logical, from a wider perspective.

DTLow - yes, you get it.

gazumped - that's great about the sourcing, thanks for sharing, didn't know that!

Let's have coloured Notebooks and Notes please!

• Level 5
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

There are Style options for tags and notebook titles which include bold,  italic and colours

Well, that works in Windows (maybe Mac too, for all I know). But it doesn't work in Android; and even in Windows, the styles are not synced across devices, which pretty much robs them of all usefulness.

Archived